Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Claiming elite miles from previous membership year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR

Hi all,

I am currently in the following position regarding Krisflyer Silver qualification:
  • 18,5000 elite miles earned (6500 more needed to qualify for silver)
  • Two flights coming up in early May: one will earn 7000 elite miles the other will earn 6000
  • Membership year/qualification period resetting on May 31
If I credit the 7000 elite miles flight to SQ immediately (getting me Silver), and then retroactively claim the 6000 elite miles flight after May 31, will these 6000 miles count towards Silver renewal? Or will they not count since the flight was taken during the previous membership year?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by AJ747M
Hi all,

I am currently in the following position regarding Krisflyer Silver qualification:
  • Two flights coming up in early May: one will earn 7000 elite miles the other will earn 6000
If I credit the 7000 elite miles flight to SQ immediately (getting me Silver), and then retroactively claim the 6000 elite miles flight after May 31, will these 6000 miles count towards Silver renewal? Or will they not count since the flight was taken during the previous membership year?
I believe they go by date.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by funkydory
I believe they go by date.
Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:11 pm

You may try that. SQ's system might not be that good. I've had flight posted after the membership year but flown before membership year. And they system did not update the new status due to the last flight posting. I can't remember if it posted into the new membership year, but these are done by the system, your retroactive claim might be by manual entry.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
The miles post by the actual date of the flight, even if it's a retroactive claim. However, since the first 7000 miles will allow you to reach Silver, your Silver counter should immediately reset to 0, meaning that the next 6000 should be part of the next year's re-qualification. However, if i'm not mistaken, a separate counter for Elite Gold qualification will continue to run, based on the last 12 months of activity. If at any time during a 12 month period preceeding period you reach 50,000 miles, your status will change to Elite Gold and the counter will reset to 0.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:55 pm

Hi all,

What did you do in the end? Did you try the retroactive claim for Silver renewal?
Old May 10, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help all. I have to wait a few more days before I can retroactively claim; I will post an update sometime next week when I find out what happens.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Update:

Mistakenly both flights were credited at the same time (long story), so they both credited to this membership year, and I was changed to Silver a few days later with zero miles counting towards renewal. I sent an email to KF explaining that the membership should have upgraded to Silver on the day I flew the first segment, and the second segment should have counted towards the new membership. They haven't emailed me back yet, but my profile is updated and the second flight is now counting towards the new year! Good outcome there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.