Laptop compatible SQ website RIP

Old Apr 26, 19, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Laptop compatible SQ website RIP

[RANT}So SQ are following the trend and creating websites that are designed for mobile devices, with lots of empty space, and suboptimal for use on laptops. I find it pathetic you can't even see a booking engine without scrolling or zooming out to 75%. Why is the web so dumbed down these days? Why can't companies design websites that can be adapted for both landscape and portrait view.[\ENDRANT]
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Apr 28, 19, 4:46 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
The new website isn't great, but I think it is fair to say that they put the old one out of our misery (it was always an excruciating experience for me).
bowzer91 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 19, 12:17 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
When I open the web site in Opera, it is at a resolution which takes up about 30% of my screen and is unreadable because it is so tiny.
This is just basic sloppy programming. Pretty inexcusable from a "5 star airline".
Old Apr 29, 19, 1:44 am

Opera has a market share below 2%.
Why should anbody care what a web page looks like on such a browser?
Old Apr 29, 19, 7:13 am

SQ needs a faster website AND App. Nothing works on their applications, be it desktop, phone or app.
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:34 pm

Is this really about laptops, or PCs in general?
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:42 pm

the mobile app hasn't worked correctly for me for six months (get to the Book Travel page and it just returns a blank site) - anyone else having this issue? I reinstalled the app and everything
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Nihar Shah View Post
the mobile app hasn't worked correctly for me for six months (get to the Book Travel page and it just returns a blank site) - anyone else having this issue? I reinstalled the app and everything
Iíve continued to have this problem ever since the first app was released. Numerous updates and fingers crossed in the hope no issues during booking stage but always end up with something.

Maybe one day. There is hope for us all.
Old Apr 29, 19, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by makrom View Post
Is this really about laptops, or PCs in general?
I guess really its about anything which you view a website in landscape view. Everything seems to be designed for portrait these days.
Old Apr 30, 19, 1:08 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer View Post
Opera has a market share below 2%.
Why should anbody care what a web page looks like on such a browser?
It's based on Chrome's code base, it's not like I'm using IE4.
As for why anybody should care, you're right. If I don't like the way SQ do things I should just do it their way, right?
Literally every other web site I've visited manages to scale and display correctly, but sure, must be my fault. Thanks for the input.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Search this Thread