Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Paid PE to Business with SQ Miles, Earn UA miles?

Old Apr 24, 19, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat

Hi all,

Spent some time searching the thread and couldn't find answers to a few questions.

First time with a flight on SQ but have a bunch of Ultimate rewards. Flying a paid Premium Economy ticket on the SIN-LAX nonstop. I have a few questions that you can hopefully help out with. Ticket is booked roundtrip and with cash as mentioned.

1) Can I upgrade just one way with SQ miles? I.e. upgrade SIN-LAX from PE to BIZ, but not LAX-SIN?
2) If I want to earn UA miles on this ticket, can I upgrade using my SQ miles from Ultimate rewards and then change my FF number to the UA to earn?
3) If I can't do the SQ miles upgrade/ earn UA miles plan, can I upgrade using UA miles from the beginning if there is availability?

Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 27, 19, 7:38 am

Prob better off calling the SQ CS? They are extremely helpful.
Old Apr 27, 19, 8:45 pm

1) Yes
2) At check-in, ask them to put your UA number on it, and double check that it is on the BP.
3) check the MP *A upgrade rules to see if your fare class is upgradable. unless you booked into the most expensive bucket it is probably not. even if it is, it is extremely unlikely that SQ will release upgrades to partners.
RTWFF likes this.

Search this Thread