Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Asking for PJs/Amenity Kit in F for Short Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

I will be flying suites from SIN-PVG next month, and I became aware that due to the flight being in the day time (and being a short flight), that there would be no pajamas or amenity kits provided. Has anyone had luck asking for them at the airport/gate/asking an FA?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:15 am

There is no chance , as both PJs and amenity kit will not load on the flight.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by jjjohn
There is no chance , as both PJs and amenity kit will not load on the flight.
That says there is no chance when you ask in-flight. I don’t think it quite means there is no chance if you try asking at the airport, which is part of what the OP is asking.

I’m inclined to think it’s a very long shot as well, but I don’t actually know for sure.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just finished a PVG > SIN last month and I can confirm no PJ or amenity kit. My wife also asked the FA when we boarded and there was still none provided. We did not ask the gate agent though​​​​.

We flew the new SQ suites and I do find it quite odd that there are no PJ'S at least. I mean they go on and on about the double bed, but yet they make me sleep in my pressed cloths?? I get it, it's a semi short flight, but plenty long to enjoy a multi course meal and a quick hour or two nap.

Also as a side note, there is no caviar, no BTC and on my flight no Krug. Yes, you can "hear" my frustration with this flight. The flight was amazing, cabin looked and felt very cool (not functional) and food was good not great. But honestly it is lacking so many aspects that I consider quite important on a first class flight.

Honestly though after all that said you wI'll enjoy yourself, it's first class after all

Last edited by tpsmith82; Apr 21, 2019 at 5:28 am
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Just finished a PVG > SIN last month and I can confirm no PJ or amenity kit. My wife also asked the FA when we boarded and there was still none provided. We did not ask the gate agent though​​​​.

We flew the new SQ suites and I do find it quite odd that there are no PJ'S at least. I mean they go on and on about the double bed, but yet they make me sleep in my pressed cloths?? I get it, it's a semi short flight, but plenty long to enjoy a multi course meal and a quick hour or two nap.

Also as a side note, there is no caviar, no BTC and on my flight no Krug. Yes, you can "hear" my frustration with this flight. The flight was amazing, cabin looked and felt very cool (not functional) and for was good not great. But honestly it is lacking so many aspects that I consider quote important on a first class flight.

Honestly though after all that said you wI'll enjoy yourself, it's first class after all
The new suite was really cool. Was on a London flight before. Still has many rooms for improvement.

one very big issue was during dinning period, almost no privacy. You can watch the person opposite you across the corridor.

SQ has a rule on which route and how long the flight and when is the flight on handing out PJs and amenity kit.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:48 pm

one very big issue was during dinning period, almost no privacy. You can watch the person opposite you across the corridor.
I don't understand this and you are not the only one to note this online.

I just flew SINPVG in 1A. 1F was occupied. My door and his were closed during dining and only opened when the crew came in do their service (check up / deliver new dish / refill / take away finished plates).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
SQ has a rule on which route and how long the flight and when is the flight on handing out PJs and amenity kit.
Yes indeed -"We would like to clarify that our current uplift criteria for First Class sleeper suits and amenity kits are for day flights with a duration of more than 7 hours, and for night flights with a duration of more than 5 hours, departing after 1800 hours and where the scheduled time of arrival is after 0030 hours" - we might not like it but SQ is quite clear on this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:00 am

Do you always request a private dining room when you go out to eat in a restaurant? Not quite sure why you need so much privacy while dining unless you eat like the Cookie Monster???

As far as flying in pressed clothes, is there some requirement that you need to fly in pressed clothes? There are plenty of options for decent looking business casual clothing that are wrinkle-resistant and actually comfortable to wear, even for sleeping. I have never understood why people want to change clothing in an airplane restroom in the first place. Isn't it much easier just to change in the lounge before/afterwards? Are you having a business meeting on board?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:09 pm

SIN-NRT should qualify then even for the day flight?

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Yes indeed -"We would like to clarify that our current uplift criteria for First Class sleeper suits and amenity kits are for day flights with a duration of more than 7 hours, and for night flights with a duration of more than 5 hours, departing after 1800 hours and where the scheduled time of arrival is after 0030 hours" - we might not like it but SQ is quite clear on this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
SIN-NRT should qualify then even for the day flight?
As of 3 years ago, yes. I certainly got pyjamas and amenity kit on my SIN-NRT flight.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I don't understand this and you are not the only one to note this online.

I just flew SINPVG in 1A. 1F was occupied. My door and his were closed during dining and only opened when the crew came in do their service (check up / deliver new dish / refill / take away finished plates).
I guess they started to practice this. My last few weren't. May be due to the opposite suite was not occupied.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by downinit
As far as flying in pressed clothes, is there some requirement that you need to fly in pressed clothes? There are plenty of options for decent looking business casual clothing that are wrinkle-resistant and actually comfortable to wear, even for sleeping. I have never understood why people want to change clothing in an airplane restroom in the first place. Isn't it much easier just to change in the lounge before/afterwards? Are you having a business meeting on board?
1. "is there some requirement that you need to fly in pressed clothes?"
- No requirement. I just happen to feel that part of the expirience of the latest Suites Class just might be "playing the part." Might sound dumb, but does James Bond have to wear a suit...does the President require a tie...does Kiss really need to dress so crazily? It's all part of the experience.

2. "...decent looking business casual clothing that are wrinkle-resistant and actually comfortable to wear, even for sleeping."
- I suppose if I were flying business class that just might matter, but as the thread states this is First Class and in my situation Suites Class. I'll note I also can't remember the last time I slept in my "business casual clothing" either. Usually when I go to bed I put on my sleeping cloths or....pajamas.

3. "...never understood why people want to change clothing in an airplane restroom in the first place. Isn't it much easier just to change in the lounge before/afterwards?"
- Honestly, I guess you don't have to understand. Have you ever been in the SQ A380 new Suites Class bathroom? Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm guessing not, because that bathroom is gorgeous and huge. Are you suggesting I change into my sleeping cloths at the loung and walk to the airplane in them? Like a teenage brat going to the grocery store in the middle of the afternoon looking as if they rose from the dead still wearing pj's?

4. "Are you having a business meeting on board?"
- Absolutely not. I'm on holiday with my wife celebrating here birthday. And if that doesn't suffice, see answer number 1.

Honestly though, most of that was to hopefully get a laugh but is basically true as well. We all have different ideas of what Suites or first class might be. That is precisely why we paid the price, to be catered to our peticular desires in a luxurious setting.

^
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Inventory control is extremely strict, I was upgraded to Suite at the gate once and they did not have a single spare kit loaded for me, instead they messaged ahead to have the kit ready for me to collect. Crew explained to me that they are given exactly the number of kits per the manifest, and as the person whose seat I took was male, the kit was not even allowed to be loaded. I'm not sure what to believe but this is what I was told.

So it was a free and unplanned upgrade and I can't 'complain' per se but it did rather mar the otherwise excellent experience LOL
Carfield likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
In such a situation, I would bring my own pajamas, as I am fortunate enough to have a collection from my flights in J and F on various airlines in the past.
Coathanger and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by fimo
Inventory control is extremely strict, I was upgraded to Suite at the gate once and they did not have a single spare kit loaded for me, instead they messaged ahead to have the kit ready for me to collect. Crew explained to me that they are given exactly the number of kits per the manifest, and as the person whose seat I took was male, the kit was not even allowed to be loaded. I'm not sure what to believe but this is what I was told.

So it was a free and unplanned upgrade and I can't 'complain' per se but it did rather mar the otherwise excellent experience LOL
Indeed, even the PJs. In 4 seated B77W, they only loaded one size each. I have to take a size up as the medium was taken by another lady passenger (only 2 of us on that flight). I normally bring mine and recycle. The sealed one often donate to charity shop. Sometimes give away to friend and family.
I like the last version of SQ PJs, thick enough for winter use. Personally I like CX's PJs, it was the best airlines PJ's I have so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.