Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Asking for PJs/Amenity Kit in F for Short Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asking for PJs/Amenity Kit in F for Short Flight

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
"You nair ask earlier."
Old May 29, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
In F, however short the trip, they really ought to give you an amenity kit and PJ's. Anyone of us that regularly flies F knows how comfy it is to get changed even for a short flight.

It's part of the product. SQ - don't be mean. Your customers notice.
Whatever they give you is factored in to the price. If the price goes up as you always get an amenity kit no matter how short the flight is everyone would start whinging.
Wongo likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:14 am

I’m flying SQ826 in First class, SIN - PVG next week, 0115 - 0635, slightly more than 5 hrs flight time. Will I get any amenity kit and pyjamas?
Old May 30, 2019, 5:41 am

Definitely
Brooke.E likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by nisnekmil
I’m flying SQ826 in First class, SIN - PVG next week, 0115 - 0635, slightly more than 5 hrs flight time. Will I get any amenity kit and pyjamas?
Yes. See post #7 of this thread for the official policy for PJs and kits.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Syd to Singapore. No amenity kit. Just a pair of slippers, socks and eye shade sitting on the storage area of the new J storage area.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Syd to Singapore. No amenity kit. Just a pair of slippers, socks and eye shade sitting on the storage area of the new J storage area.
In biz of First? (Biz class don't provide amenity kits except on special occasions such as last year when they has the laundry stuff.)
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Vlntn
Asked for an amenity kit on a SIN-DEL flight. Was initially told 'no' (nothing loaded on the flight). After 2 hours or so the lovely FA came back with a smile on here face - 'Look what we've just found!' and I got a Lalique kit (the one with the candle) :-).
Similar experience here happened on SIN-HKG sector. initially replied "sorry we don't have it on this regional flight" for both wash bag and pj, and then came back with both together with bears and bday cake after meal... So magical.

Last edited by johnwooz; Jun 2, 2019 at 7:49 am
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by jmechan
Hey OP,

I actually requested the same on a previous trip, the same route, going SIN-PVG. I did this well in advance, via my local reservation office (which whom I have a strong relationship for reasons). They confirmed that they would load a set of PJs and an amenity kit, but when I got to the plane they didn't know anything about it. Of course they were super apologetic but it was a miss.

For a subsequent trip, I repeated the request, same routing, and asked very nicely again, even though it hadn't worked last time. They told me they couldn't do it, very sorry. Oh well, I thought, fair enough. I got on the plane, and lo and behold, PJs and an amenity kit were waiting for me.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm TPPS and asked very nicely? Definitely wouldn't try to do it on the day though, only in advance, and even then it was hit and miss...

Good luck!
I believe TPPS counted a lot in it! LOL. My PPS frd helped me a lot for those "special requests" on SQ throughout the year.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:21 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey guys,

Usual LX flyer here!
I will finally have the chance to check out the Singapore Suites on the A380 on the SIN-HKG flight and I was wondering if I would receive any ammenities like PJs or an ammenity kit on this short flight.
Reading up above leads me to believe that per the rules this is not the case, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

Cheers!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Hey guys,

Usual LX flyer here!
I will finally have the chance to check out the Singapore Suites on the A380 on the SIN-HKG flight and I was wondering if I would receive any ammenities like PJs or an ammenity kit on this short flight.
Reading up above leads me to believe that per the rules this is not the case, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

Cheers!
No. Unfortunately the policy hasn't changed in the last week! (No amenity kits for short haul flights unless they6 are red-eyes as set out in post #7 )
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
No. Unfortunately the policy hasn't changed in the last week! (No amenity kits for short haul flights unless they6 are red-eyes as set out in post #7 )
Ah that is unfortunate, but I can live with it I guess, however, I will try to ask in advance as suggested by some others in this thread as well, but I will be expecting a no for an answer.

Originally Posted by jmechan
Hey OP,

I actually requested the same on a previous trip, the same route, going SIN-PVG. I did this well in advance, via my local reservation office (which whom I have a strong relationship for reasons). They confirmed that they would load a set of PJs and an amenity kit, but when I got to the plane they didn't know anything about it. Of course they were super apologetic but it was a miss.

For a subsequent trip, I repeated the request, same routing, and asked very nicely again, even though it hadn't worked last time. They told me they couldn't do it, very sorry. Oh well, I thought, fair enough. I got on the plane, and lo and behold, PJs and an amenity kit were waiting for me.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm TPPS and asked very nicely? Definitely wouldn't try to do it on the day though, only in advance, and even then it was hit and miss...

Good luck!
Where would you suggest for me to send such a request?

I'm currently bookedwith +1 on ZRH-SIN-HKG, with the ZRH-SIN leg on LX F and one night layover in SIN (17 hours), and the SIN-HKG leg in the SQ A380 suites. The ticket was booked via Swiss and as of now we're the only ones booked in the F cabin on all the flights (I'm sure this will still change until september).
Is there a way to contact First Class customer service of SQ and maybe send the request there for PJs and an ammenity kit? Or should I ask LX F customer support to send a request to SQ?
I'd be happy to hear what all of you suggest to do in this case.

Cheers!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Talking

Originally Posted by downinit
Do you always request a private dining room when you go out to eat in a restaurant? Not quite sure why you need so much privacy while dining unless you eat like the Cookie Monster???

As far as flying in pressed clothes, is there some requirement that you need to fly in pressed clothes? There are plenty of options for decent looking business casual clothing that are wrinkle-resistant and actually comfortable to wear, even for sleeping. I have never understood why people want to change clothing in an airplane restroom in the first place. Isn't it much easier just to change in the lounge before/afterwards? Are you having a business meeting on board?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I'd be happy to hear what all of you suggest to do in this case.
I would suggest to not bother. The person you quoted is a TPPS, which means he spends tens of thousands of dollars a year on revenue J/F tickets; so his experiences might be a little inapplicable to the rest of us
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shuigao
I would suggest to not bother. The person you quoted is a TPPS, which means he spends tens of thousands of dollars a year on revenue J/F tickets; so his experiences might be a little inapplicable to the rest of us
Fair, but I think there's no issue with asking: I mean all that can happen is that they say no

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.