Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Asking for PJs/Amenity Kit in F for Short Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asking for PJs/Amenity Kit in F for Short Flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Yup. I didn't get any PJs either and it was a red eye flight! harrumph....
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by downinit
Do you always request a private dining room when you go out to eat in a restaurant? Not quite sure why you need so much privacy while dining
The biggest problem isn't the fact that one person can see you eating, but that the cabin layout means the two of you are directly facing each other across the aisle. It's pretty weird that you would feel less exposed in a massive J class cabin than in a private suite with max. 6 passengers.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by onlySIA
The biggest problem isn't the fact that one person can see you eating, but that the cabin layout means the two of you are directly facing each other across the aisle. It's pretty weird that you would feel less exposed in a massive J class cabin than in a private suite with max. 6 passengers.
Spot on. In a restaurant, we normally will direct facing our friend and family who are dining together.
In J, we don't see other face to face.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Not a short haul flight, but thought of sharing an "extra inventory" data point. Flight was AKL-SIN in F (77W with 4F). Only 2 pax in the cabin. I took a S size pyjama and the other guy took L. Managed to get another L size to take home. I guess they had to cater for 2 Ls in case we are both plus-sized.
Old May 4, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Even if SQ were to make an eception, leaving it until the airport or gate would perhpas be a bit late. It depends where they keep the inventory, which is possibly off site and delivered with the catering trucks? I'd probably be allowing at least 36 hours for such a request.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:41 am

Asked for an amenity kit on a SIN-DEL flight. Was initially told 'no' (nothing loaded on the flight). After 2 hours or so the lovely FA came back with a smile on here face - 'Look what we've just found!' and I got a Lalique kit (the one with the candle) :-).
Old May 9, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Vlntn
Asked for an amenity kit on a SIN-DEL flight. Was initially told 'no' (nothing loaded on the flight). After 2 hours or so the lovely FA came back with a smile on here face - 'Look what we've just found!' and I got a Lalique kit (the one with the candle) :-).
Nice!
Old May 10, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Vlntn
I like this more than the one outbound with a 30ml fragrance.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:49 am

Hey OP,

I actually requested the same on a previous trip, the same route, going SIN-PVG. I did this well in advance, via my local reservation office (which whom I have a strong relationship for reasons). They confirmed that they would load a set of PJs and an amenity kit, but when I got to the plane they didn't know anything about it. Of course they were super apologetic but it was a miss.

For a subsequent trip, I repeated the request, same routing, and asked very nicely again, even though it hadn't worked last time. They told me they couldn't do it, very sorry. Oh well, I thought, fair enough. I got on the plane, and lo and behold, PJs and an amenity kit were waiting for me.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm TPPS and asked very nicely? Definitely wouldn't try to do it on the day though, only in advance, and even then it was hit and miss...

Good luck!
Old May 18, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
In F, however short the trip, they really ought to give you an amenity kit and PJ's. Anyone of us that regularly flies F knows how comfy it is to get changed even for a short flight.

It's part of the product. SQ - don't be mean. Your customers notice.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
In F, however short the trip, they really ought to give you an amenity kit and PJ's. Anyone of us that regularly flies F knows how comfy it is to get changed even for a short flight.

It's part of the product. SQ - don't be mean. Your customers notice.
Both CX and ANA don't offer amenity kit and pj's for short haul flight.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:11 am

I do agree that it will be weird staring at the next passenger while eating and you would expect more privacy.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Update:

I arrived to SIN airport at 4pm the day before my 9am flight the next day (I was coming in from Thailand). I went to the Private Room and asked one of the attendants whether or not they could possibly grant me my request for pajamas and amenity kits for the flight. They helped me submit a request and tried to call into the corporate office (but they did not pick up). After around 30 minutes of waiting, they told me to report back in the morning to see if my request had been granted.

The next morning, I went to the Private Room again, and asked to followup on the request. The new attendant said that she sees the request, but not the outcome. As my partner and I were sitting and enjoying our meal, another attendant stopped by and apologized that they were not able to grant me the request. I'm not sure if it was because the request wasn't read the day before, or they really couldn't do anything about it.

On the flight, I asked the flight attendants if they had pajamas or amenity kits possibly loaded on the flight, but to my dismay, they did not. I put in my best effort, but in the end, rules are rules and they were not willing to accommodate this request. At least this is a data point
Old May 28, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
If it is so important to have PJ's on a flight they are not normally on, just take your own comfy clothes to change in to.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:30 am

If someone ask for PJ n SQ specially arranged n then another F pax saw it n wanted it (n SQ only arrange one set) , then there will be issue. “Why he have why I dun have”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.