Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Redeem awards seat with baby and stopover questions

Old Apr 17, 19, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Hi Flyertalk experts,
I plan to redeem 2 award J seat for myself and wife, and prepare to pay the 10% fee for our 1 yrsold son. SIA terms and conditions weren't clear in this area so I have 2 questions:
1) the cost for our baby is 10% of the saver rate, stadard rate or flexible rate?
2) if we do 1 stop over in FRA from JFK - FRA - SIN, will SIA charge the baby rate of 2 legs JFK - FRA and FRA-SIN seprately?

Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 19, 8:06 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
1) Should be the lowest publicly available rate for the flights in question. So the earlier you book, you are more likely to have access to a lower fare bucket that will be used as the basis for the infant fare.

2) If you are only going JFK-FRA and then FRA-SIN, then the infant fare will probably be priced as two one-ways. If, however, you are considering to book two separate awards JFK-oFRA-SIN and SIN-oFRA-JFK, then you can book your infant tickets as two returns, I.e. JFK-FRA-JFK and FRA-SIN-FRA, which will be significantly cheaper than four one-ways.