FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   MilesLife - In Trouble? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1965724-mileslife-trouble.html)

380Flyer Apr 16, 2019 4:03 pm

MilesLife - In Trouble?

Many Krisflyer members based in Singapore would know MilesLife app and its ability to earn those valuable Krisflyer miles from eating, shopping, spa and other activities such as daily check-in and walking those steps via the MilesLife Health function.

However, recently, I have noticed that British Airways Executive Club has temporarily stopped its partnership with MilesLife and as of today, they have also stopped the daily check in feature.

I have also also noticed many partners such as Spa and Resorts World Shopping merchants have also withdrawn from their programme.

That begs the question if MilesLife is in trouble and that their model is too early for Asian market? Does anyone have any further insights or have noticed the same as what I am observing?

Discuss.

currentjer Apr 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Yes, it's being put up for sale. People are also being let go at the moment. A couple of investors and I are looking at it, but don't think there is a viable model.

shuigao Apr 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Among the circle of miles chasing acquaintances that I have in SG, basically all of them know of mileslife but very few actually bother using it regularly.

currentjer Apr 16, 2019 7:45 pm

It's a terrible interface, and there's simply too much friction between merchant and consumer. There are simply better ways to promote, record, and reward transactions. Also, a couple of my lawyer friends just told me this morning that the founder ran away. LOL, well that ship is sinking fast!

lokijuh Apr 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Can't compete with Fave either I suspect, in SG market. Fave pay, linked to Grab pay is a more lucrative option I've found. 5% rebate at many merchants + effective 2% rebate using Grab pay (i.e. earning Grab points), (plus credit card points if Grab Pay is linked to CC). Generally better than 1 or 2 miles per dollar. Never actually used mileslife for anything other than check in and health!

380Flyer Apr 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Whilst the idea is excellent, the execution has been rather poor at times especially with cashiers at merchants not even knowing about this despite displaying the MilesLife sticker in the store front.

They also did not scale their merchant participation evenly as I have struggled to go to restaurants that I liked in the neighborhood that I frequented whenever I am visiting Singapore.

I have earned 33K miles across three FFP and maximised the promotion, check-in and mileshealth whilst the fun lasted.
They even changed the sequencing for how the steps are counted for Apple iOS (they use the Health App link which takes some time to synchronize).

RIP MilesLife whenever your closure is but I sense it's not far from now if not, it might already be over.

Wongo Apr 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Dam, I scored some points from them and was good use for a while.

carrotjuice Apr 20, 2019 4:54 am

I gave up on mileslife once I started getting 6, 7, 8 miles after checking in every week about 3 months ago. Not worth the effort to do daily checking ins.

hclee01 Apr 25, 2019 6:56 am

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0e0bc02415.png
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...round/others/#

Looks like this should officially mark the end of earning KF miles with MilesLife.

funkydory Apr 29, 2019 7:40 am

I signed up but never really got the hang of using it. Too much work.

carrotjuice Apr 29, 2019 11:03 pm

As a reference point, the last purchase that I used Mileslife for which I earned KF was 9 April. My purchase 2 days later on 11 April was not credited with KF.

Since KF posted that the temporary suspension was effective 26 April, does it mean that we can submit a retroactive claim? :)

hclee01 Apr 30, 2019 9:36 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 31051063)
As a reference point, the last purchase that I used Mileslife for which I earned KF was 9 April. My purchase 2 days later on 11 April was not credited with KF.

Since KF posted that the temporary suspension was effective 26 April, does it mean that we can submit a retroactive claim? :)

I suspected that the suspension was imposed by SIA. For such retroactive claim, you will still have to go through MilesLife. MilesLife will still not be able to get SIA to post given that SIA has suspended their participation.

Currently, I am clocking the Weekly Check-in to my UA FFP and my friend is clocking to ANA FFP. For these 2 FFPs, the miles are still showing up for check-in performed end of last week.