Wiki Posts
Search

PPS coordinators?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Lifetime Gold
PPS coordinators?

I keep seeing PPS coordinators thrown around as I suppose people who are in charge of your if you are PPS. How do you get one and how does it work exactly?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:37 pm

Its just a callcentre dedicated to PPS Members. You will find the telephone numbers after log-in to your account.

The other option is PPS-Connect, where you can request to be called baxk using their App. You got to register with your mobile phone. They call back pretty fast.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by SQ325
Its just a callcentre dedicated to PPS Members. You will find the telephone numbers after log-in to your account.

The other option is PPS-Connect, where you can request to be called baxk using their App. You got to register with your mobile phone. They call back pretty fast.
That watered-down call centre version is for Singapore. Presumably because we simply have too many PPS members for dedicated coordinators to work (without driving them crazy).

From what I gather, PPS members in some other stations have a specific person whom they can call or email. Top spenders are even asked out for dinner to get feedback. But that was what I had gleaned from here. It'd be good to hear some actual responses from people who have dedicated PPS coordinators.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cowie

From what I gather, PPS members in some other stations have a specific person whom they can call or email. Top spenders are even asked out for dinner to get feedback. But that was what I had gleaned from here. It'd be good to hear some actual responses from people who have dedicated PPS coordinators.
+1
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:14 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by cowie
That watered-down call centre version is for Singapore. Presumably because we simply have too many PPS members for dedicated coordinators to work (without driving them crazy).

Yes this is correct.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes this is correct.
Question: can they really work magic (e.g. make saver awards appear when they aren't otherwise available) or do they merely pass messages?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes this is correct.
Not correct at all. They do 1 on 1 dinner in Singapore, too. They also send two F1 paddock tickets every year since SQ took over the sponsorship and from time to time send courtesy emails to keep in touch. Among other things. This is all for solitaire members. I don't know of any QPPS in Singapore with a coordinator.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
Not correct at all. They do 1 on 1 dinner in Singapore, too. They also send two F1 paddock tickets every year since SQ took over the sponsorship and from time to time send courtesy emails to keep in touch. Among other things. This is all for solitaire members. I don't know of any QPPS in Singapore with a coordinator.
Hmm interesting. My old man is TPPS for decades (he almost made LPPS, was just a few sectors short when they changed the programme) but he doesn't have a coordinator, much less free F1 tickets. I wonder how SQ accords such privileges. Maybe there's a secret, internally tracked higher tier that is not marketed. He does say that he almost never fails to have his award waitlists cleared though.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
PPS Coordinators are dead. They got the axe some two years back. Cost-cutting. They were able to do magic and they were super attentive. An answer usually came the same day and very rarely took more than 24 hours.

That's totally different today. Feedback takes forever to get any responses, same for feedback. The call center agents can be a hit or miss.

I am PPS since 2008 and the service I have gotten from the call center and by e-mail has never been worse. SQ needs to step up their game again.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Phaze
Not correct at all. They do 1 on 1 dinner in Singapore, too. They also send two F1 paddock tickets every year since SQ took over the sponsorship and from time to time send courtesy emails to keep in touch. Among other things. This is all for solitaire members.
This must be for some double-secret tier above Solitaire. I've been TPP for years and have never been asked to dinner, given F1 tickets, or even received anything other than form emails.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
PPS Coordinators are dead. They got the axe some two years back. Cost-cutting. They were able to do magic and they were super attentive. An answer usually came the same day and very rarely took more than 24 hours.

That's totally different today. Feedback takes forever to get any responses, same for feedback. The call center agents can be a hit or miss.

I am PPS since 2008 and the service I have gotten from the call center and by e-mail has never been worse. SQ needs to step up their game again.
Thanks ^

But....

My experience with PPS-connect isnt really that bad. Quite responsive and they managed to solve my problem within a few hours.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by crazycrab955
This must be for some double-secret tier above Solitaire. I've been TPP for years and have never been asked to dinner, given F1 tickets, or even received anything other than form emails.
It happens for QPPS as well. Probably not in the first year....

But.... I know what some long time TPPS are recieving. Its not in the brochure...
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by SQ325
It happens for QPPS as well. Probably not in the first year....

But.... I know what some long time TPPS are recieving. Its not in the brochure...
Yeah, okay. Again, I have been TPP for a decade, and QPP for a long time before that. I am not receiving -- and have never received -- any benefits beyond those which are publicised. Cannot state it any clearer than that.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
PPS in 2003, then TPPS for last 4-5 years. Nothing either.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:17 am

Yes I know long time TPPS which doesnt recieve anything. I know TPPS which do. And i know about their different flight profile. I needs for sure more than to clock in 250 K SGD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.