Check-in/bag drop opening time LAX

Old Apr 15, 19, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HH Diamond
Check-in/bag drop opening time LAX

We're flying PHL-LAX arriving 6:37pm and then onward on SQ37 departing 00:15.

Going to head to Manhattan Beach for dinner, and would rather not lug our bags around...does anyone know what time check in desks open? I'm guessing around 8pm at the earliest?

If that's the case I'm thinking hiring a car may be the best bet as it seems there is no luggage storage at LAX. Any suggestions welcome.
Old Apr 15, 19, 11:19 am

IIRC LAX = 3.5 hours before departure.

I was there a few weeks ago for SQ11 departing 3:30pm, check-in opened midday. Every flight taken previously out of LAX followed same pattern.
Old Apr 15, 19, 5:22 pm

3.5hrs before departure.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...unter-checkin/
Old Apr 15, 19, 8:13 pm

I was able to check in ~12 hours before scheduled departure in Feb. SQ check in was open for an earlier flight, but they were quite happy to take my bags & give me my boarding pass so I could relax in the lounge.
Old Apr 15, 19, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot View Post
I was able to check in ~12 hours before scheduled departure in Feb. SQ check in was open for an earlier flight, but they were quite happy to take my bags & give me my boarding pass so I could relax in the lounge.
Was this in LAX??? Iíve not had this luxury even in J before. Will check it out if it is....
Old Apr 16, 19, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot View Post
Wow that would be awesome. What other flights each day does SQ have leaving from LAX?
Old Apr 16, 19, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
Wow that would be awesome. What other flights each day does SQ have leaving from LAX?
Each day is SQ11 which is a one stop via Narita. The other one is SQ35 which runs 3x a week and departs around 11am.
Old Apr 16, 19, 6:14 pm

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by Mlee888 View Post
Each day is SQ11 which is a one stop via Narita. The other one is SQ35 which runs 3x a week and departs around 11am.
Neither of which will help the OP, given the ~6pm arrival from PHL

A more risky option would be to not claim the bags on arrival and pick them up at UA baggage services on the way back. Of course, they could get stolen or chucked away at an office and might take a while to be retrieved.
Old Apr 16, 19, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
Neither of which will help the OP, given the ~6pm arrival from PHL

A more risky option would be to not claim the bags on arrival and pick them up at UA baggage services on the way back. Of course, they could get stolen or chucked away at an office and might take a while to be retrieved.
Based on timings alone and the traffic around LAX at 7pm, will there even be time for one to leave the airport if the international flight departs at midnight?
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:45 pm

Was this in LAX??? Iíve not had this luxury even in J before. Will check it out if it is....
Yes.
Old Apr 17, 19, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Based on timings alone and the traffic around LAX at 7pm, will there even be time for one to leave the airport if the international flight departs at midnight?
Easy. Just going to head up to Venice which should be 40 minutes absolute tops. Back at the airport by 10:30...gives us over two hours.