Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

No commercial bookings possible 355 days in advance anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)

I tried to research some fares on Singapore air.com for next year and the calendar shows dates up until the 3rd of April 2020, so roughly 355 days ahead which is how it has always been. However, when flexible search is chosen the last day you can possibly book with all flights available on a given route is the 28th of March and already one day later only limited flights are showing up. After that the search engine returns an error for any other day.

It looks to be a glitch but I hope they will fix it soon. Otherwise they basically are limiting advance purchase to around 348 days now which makes little sense as the calendar still shows the full 355 days.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly
It looks to be a glitch but I hope they will fix it soon. Otherwise they basically are limiting advance purchase to around 348 days now which makes little sense as the calendar still shows the full 355 days.
website has sucked for last few months
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
This seems to be some sort of hopefully temporary glitch - there are also no award seats showing up at March 28 on ANY route in any class.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
They fixed it....but only for SQ flights. SilkAir flights are still only bookable until 28th of March....very strange that whatever they fixed did only work for one airline...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly
They fixed it....but only for SQ flights. SilkAir flights are still only bookable until 28th of March....very strange that whatever they fixed did only work for one airline...
Originally Posted by pschafer
This seems to be some sort of hopefully temporary glitch - there are also no award seats showing up at March 28 on ANY route in any class.
As you say it has now been fixed. The Milelion, which is a Singapore based miles "expert" has said it was because the new schedules had not been uploaded at the time you were originally looking.

The next part is pure speculation on my part and with respect to SilkAir.
1 SilkAir is due to start converting to SIA flights in 2020 and maybe there is some back end legacy IT issues that means they are having problems integrating the two.
2 With a significant order book for 787 Max 8s, and not being able to fly them for the next few months, I wonder if SQ management are scratching their heads as to how to deal with SilkAir's transition to SQ. They know they will have to wait for the new planes even if they were to allowed to fly them tomorrow. But with United and American not flying until July/August it seems unlikely SilkAir will fly theirs until then either, at the earliest.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
1 SilkAir is due to start converting to SIA flights in 2020 and maybe there is some back end legacy IT issues that means they are having problems integrating the two.
I guess the problem is rather operational. The flight currently operated under the MI brand will not be 1 to 1 converted into SQ flights. A lot of routes will be transferred to TR. I think we will see a lot of changes forth and back over the next 12 to 18 month, probably beyond 2020.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

I know what you are saying but I think it's then more likely a schedule loading issue as the bookable flights end exactly the same day, 28th of March, that the SQ ended two days ago. I think they loaded one but "forgot" about the other airline they own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.