Scoot to Singapore Airlines

Old May 26, 2019, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
Just flew SQ8121 in biz, window bulkhead on 772. No SK lounge access, but used PP to access Sats Premier lounge.

Seat recline disabled and surly crew. Had to ask for water. Breakfast minimal and lukewarm.

Not my best flight.
Curious how they disabled the seat recline.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Seat recline disabled and surly crew. Had to ask for water. Breakfast minimal and lukewarm.
Wonder what the pre-flight briefing to the crew was.
"OK guys & gals, these passengers all bought Scoot tickets so we need to give them low cost carrier levels of service."
Old May 30, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by indo79
Wow...they disabled the seat recline? Were you in C and was it the angled regional C or the 1-2-1 config?
It was the 1-2-1 config, and all pax in J had seat recline disabled. Don't know how they did it. How mean!
Old May 30, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Probably won't expect much considering it is after all a TR flight. I'd keep my expectations at TR service level.

But having seat recline disabled would be an absolute disaster.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
It was the 1-2-1 config, and all pax in J had seat recline disabled. Don't know how they did it. How mean!
Could you at least flip it into fully flat bed?
Old May 31, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh

Could you at least flip it into fully flat bed?
Unfortunately, no. Everyone looked very contorted trying to sleep on the upright seats.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Unfortunately, no. Everyone looked very contorted trying to sleep on the upright seats.
Thats odd as its a manual function to flip seats on the older aircraft.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh

Thats odd as its a manual function to flip seats on the older aircraft.
I think it may have been because the flight attendants didn't condone it. They were a gruff lot, didn't want to be there.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:58 pm

Just flew SQ 8121 SIN to SYD on July 22. I booked economy and when I checked in, I asked what the weight allowance was for baggage. The SQ agent said for this flight, we are accepting 40 KG per passenger so I checked both my checked luggage and carryon. I was annoyed that I had booked a fare that included 20KG of baggage and paid extra for Scoot stretch seat. I asked if they could change the seat they had assigned to me and my brother and they gave us exit row seats.

After we had checked in and walked around the airport a bit, u realized I had forgotten to ask about paid upgrades on this flight. I went back to check in and the agent said they did have some available for $199 SGD per passenger. So we did it. When we had tried the week before to bid for an upgrade using Scoots website, the request was ultimately declined. We ended up paying less at checkin. The seats were the almost lie flat seats, so we were able to sleep.

They only served breakfast on this flight. Nothing after boarding. They seats reclined as far back as they typically do. In seat power worked. There was no wifi.
9VSSA likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: SQ, AF, AY
Originally Posted by rumboj
Just flew SQ 8121 SIN to SYD on July 22. I booked economy and when I checked in, I asked what the weight allowance was for baggage. The SQ agent said for this flight, we are accepting 40 KG per passenger so I checked both my checked luggage and carryon. I was annoyed that I had booked a fare that included 20KG of baggage and paid extra for Scoot stretch seat. I asked if they could change the seat they had assigned to me and my brother and they gave us exit row seats.

After we had checked in and walked around the airport a bit, u realized I had forgotten to ask about paid upgrades on this flight. I went back to check in and the agent said they did have some available for $199 SGD per passenger. So we did it. When we had tried the week before to bid for an upgrade using Scoots website, the request was ultimately declined. We ended up paying less at checkin. The seats were the almost lie flat seats, so we were able to sleep.

They only served breakfast on this flight. Nothing after boarding. They seats reclined as far back as they typically do. In seat power worked. There was no wifi.
Hi rumboj, just a quick question.

1. Is your Business Class ticket in SQ stock?
2. Did the IFE work for your flight?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by 9VSSA
Hi rumboj, just a quick question.

1. Is your Business Class ticket in SQ stock?
2. Did the IFE work for your flight?
1. I really cant tell. They just provided a payment voucher to take to the payment desk. I dont have anything with the ticket number associated with the upgrade.
2. Yes, the IFE did work on the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.