Scoot to Singapore Airlines

Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:44 am

But the price paid was for a Scoot flight in which you have to pay more for check in luggage. I would expect the same rules will apply.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
So my partner took a flight in such a condition, she got Scoot Fly without adding on baggage, however during EX SIN and EX SYD, she was given 20kg check in. I assume this is the standard. This information however contradicts what the call center from scoot says.

I wonder if people who has purchased luggage prior wil get this free 20kg + the x kg they have already purchased.

I shall attempt my entry into star alliance lounge with the SQ ticket next month. - I know other people with scootbiz was rejected at silverkris lounge which is fair but I see no difference in that the ticket is a staralliance airline (leased or not) so my *A Gold perks should apply.
(Anyway It appears that scoot is dependent on SQ for their scoot SYD flights apparently)
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Grace B
As I'll be at Changi very early (arriving on QZ from Jakarta) I was wondering if early check-in for SQ8121 would be possible using the SQ desks.
As there was no response, I'm assuming that there won't be any early check-in facilities, and so I have booked a hotel to get a few hours rest between flights. Good move?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:19 am

As there was no response, I'm assuming that there won't be any early check-in facilities, and so I have booked a hotel to get a few hours rest between flights. Good move?
How early is early? If its just a couple of hours, there are snooze zones you can use which are free.

Counter check-in for Singapore Airlines flights

If you have a confirmed flight booking and are departing from Singapore Changi Airport, you can check in from 48 hours to 40 minutes before your flight departs.

Free-to-use Rest Areas | Changi Airport Singapore
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by funkydory
How early is early? If its just a couple of hours, there are snooze zones you can use which are free.

Counter check-in for Singapore Airlines flights

If you have a confirmed flight booking and are departing from Singapore Changi Airport, you can check in from 48 hours to 40 minutes before your flight departs.

Free-to-use Rest Areas Changi Airport Singapore
Thanks for that. I'm arriving on QZ (T4) and will have to make my way to T2. I wasn't sure of the check-in arrangements for the TR/SQ hybrid flight and whether it would be different from a regular SQ flight.

I have a 12-hour layover, so will see if I can do early check-in with SQ and then go to a hotel for a few hours. I also have a priority pass and am *G, so there shouldn't be any problems with lounge access either.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
Hey Grace, can you confirm if you were able to use the *G card lounge access with the SQ8121 ticket?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by swordie
I shall attempt my entry into star alliance lounge with the SQ ticket next month. - I know other people with scootbiz was rejected at silverkris lounge which is fair but I see no difference in that the ticket is a staralliance airline (leased or not) so my *A Gold perks should apply.
It doesn't necessarily follow that * gold perks apply, when they are wet leasing the aircraft.
RTWFF likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Just flew SQ8111 SIN-PER on A330.

Did not bother with attempting to enter any lounge, as been there too often and food is always the same variation. Instead, ate at T1 staff canteen and then took the T2-T3 skytrain to see Jewel from inside the train.

Only 1 in C cabin. IFE and power turned on in C,not sure about Y. Standard economy blankets, pillows, and earphones provided even in C. All SQ related magazines were removed and only toothbrushes in lav. Other items in lav were missing.

Meal was a choice of 2 items, even economy pax got a meal. Same meal in C as in Y. No soft drinks or any liquor on board. Only water, OJ and Apple Juice available to all pax. SQ crew and uniforms.

Only had carry on so did not enquire about checked in luggage allowance. Hope this helps.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by indo79
Just flew SQ8111 SIN-PER on A330.

Did not bother with attempting to enter any lounge, as been there too often and food is always the same variation. Instead, ate at T1 staff canteen and then took the T2-T3 skytrain to see Jewel from inside the train.

Only 1 in C cabin. IFE and power turned on in C,not sure about Y. Standard economy blankets, pillows, and earphones provided even in C. All SQ related magazines were removed and only toothbrushes in lav. Other items in lav were missing.

Meal was a choice of 2 items, even economy pax got a meal. Same meal in C as in Y. No soft drinks or any liquor on board. Only water, OJ and Apple Juice available to all pax. SQ crew and uniforms.

Only had carry on so did not enquire about checked in luggage allowance. Hope this helps.
I must have flown the return of the flight you took, on SQ8112 PER-SIN on Sunday night. We pretty much had everything you described in Y class too, including blankets, pillows, headsets for Krisworld, a choice of 2 main courses on a standard SQ economy class tray (that included warm roll, starter, dessert, cheese and crackers) using metal cutlery, juices and water but no liquor. Rather impressed with the entire thing considering it is essentially an LCC charter. Service was really top notch - almost felt as if it was SQ saying to Scoot pax: see what you're missing? Next time, trade up!
Old May 14, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by activistflyer
I must have flown the return of the flight you took, on SQ8112 PER-SIN on Sunday night. We pretty much had everything you described in Y class too, including blankets, pillows, headsets for Krisworld, a choice of 2 main courses on a standard SQ economy class tray (that included warm roll, starter, dessert, cheese and crackers) using metal cutlery, juices and water but no liquor. Rather impressed with the entire thing considering it is essentially an LCC charter. Service was really top notch - almost felt as if it was SQ saying to Scoot pax: see what you're missing? Next time, trade up!
Wow you got it better! Did not get dessert or cheese, even in C lol.

I did have the entire C cabin to myself though 😂
Old May 14, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by indo79

Wow you got it better! Did not get dessert or cheese, even in C lol.

I did have the entire C cabin to myself though 😂

haha... that's interesting! the dessert was a few slices of fresh fruit and the cheese was the pre-packaged variety, but hey, I was bowled over just for having been served a meal
Having C all to yourself must have been sweet.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:46 am
Original Poster

I had free check in and because I checked in 6 hours beforehand, i ended up walking jewel and going to lounge. It was ex Sin, service as described by the rest.
My KF*Gold benefits was applicable for luggage and lounge, I did enquire at check in and they said not to bet on it... so my guess is that this is something that is very dependent on luck as to who checks you in.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: SQ KF Blue, BA EC Blue
I noticed from FR24 that many SIN-PER flights are being operated by SQ8111 (instead of TR8) and also noticed I got prompted to bid for a ScootBiz upgrade for SIN-PER return (departing Fri, returning Mon). Odd thing is I'm travelling on a booking of 5 pax; in many "bid to upgrade" situations I believe the chance would be extremely low for such large travelling party. It seems all but likely that the flights I'm on are earmarked to be operated by SQ8111 (or at least a very good chance it will be) so they're trying to fill up the additional biz seats for extra revenue. Might give it a shot if that's the case! Cheap upgrade for a lot more comfort IMO.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:35 pm

Just flew SQ8121 in biz, window bulkhead on 772. No SK lounge access, but used PP to access Sats Premier lounge.

Seat recline disabled and surly crew. Had to ask for water. Breakfast minimal and lukewarm.

Not my best flight.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:29 pm

Just flew SQ8121 in biz, window bulkhead on 772. No SK lounge access, but used PP to access Sats Premier lounge.

Seat recline disabled and surly crew. Had to ask for water. Breakfast minimal and lukewarm.

Not my best flight.
Wow...they disabled the seat recline? Were you in C and was it the angled regional C or the 1-2-1 config?

Last edited by indo79; May 26, 2019 at 11:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.