Wiki Posts
Search

New A380 Routes question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
New A380 Routes question

We will be traveling to Europe with SQ in business class from Singapore later this year and while we have already chosen our outbound flight, the daytime to Frankfurt (777), we would really like to fly with the A380 with the new business class.
The Frankfurt flight seems to have the 'older' seats but it looks like Zurich is on the list of consistently having the A380 with the new business class cabins.

Is this about right or have there been any changes recently?

I know that LHR also gets the new cabins but we prefer not to have to position to the UK and Switzerland is quite easy from where we are coming from.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
We will be traveling to Europe with SQ in business class from Singapore later this year and while we have already chosen our outbound flight, the daytime to Frankfurt (777), we would really like to fly with the A380 with the new business class.
The Frankfurt flight seems to have the 'older' seats but it looks like Zurich is on the list of consistently having the A380 with the new business class cabins.

Is this about right or have there been any changes recently?

I know that LHR also gets the new cabins but we prefer not to have to position to the UK and Switzerland is quite easy from where we are coming from.
Yes, ZRH and certain LHR rotations get the newest 2017 J seats. I personally prefer the 2013 J seats which you currently have.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Yes, ZRH and certain LHR rotations get the newest 2017 J seats. I personally prefer the 2013 J seats which you currently have.

Can you please explain why you like the 2013 J seats better? I was actually hoping to get the 2017 J seats on the A380, but that looks like it's not going to happen.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:32 am

Nothing special with the new J class on the A380 vs the 2013 version, except for the double bed feature which helped me out with my LO. Only other better feature is the entertainment system.

i also prefer the 2013 A380 seat. Much more spacious.

Seat I prefer however is the 2015 seat which you can find on the 777-300er.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Can you please explain why you like the 2013 J seats better? I was actually hoping to get the 2017 J seats on the A380, but that looks like it's not going to happen.
- The 2013 J seats are wider (also implies more possible sleeping angles)
- For the 2017 J seat, one's arm tends to accidentally come into contact with the seat controls given their positioning
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:56 am
THR

https://www.aircraftinteriorsinterna...-contract.html

Seems like the refurb is going to take far longer than initially announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.