Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Checkin LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QF Lifetime Gold, SQ/*G, Velocity Rewards, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honours, Accor Le Club
Early Checkin LHR

My daughter has an upcoming flight on SQ305 LHR-SIN departing at 0925 from T2.
She is in Y with hand luggage only.

For various reasons, she will be arriving at the airport around 0330-0400.
She has access to the Plaza Premium lounge which opens at 0500.

Will the checkin kiosks be open so she can get a boarding pass and will she be able to get airside at that time of morning?. She can sit airside until the lounge opens.

Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by LifeTimeBronze
My daughter has an upcoming flight on SQ305 LHR-SIN departing at 0925 from T2.
She is in Y with hand luggage only.

For various reasons, she will be arriving at the airport around 0330-0400.
She has access to the Plaza Premium lounge which opens at 0500.

Will the checkin kiosks be open so she can get a boarding pass and will she be able to get airside at that time of morning?. She can sit airside until the lounge opens.

Thanks for any help.
IIRC this is first SQ flight of the day. Check-in desks won’t be open until around 3 hours before departure. I don’t recall seeing any automated machines there. If it was a later or evening flight then there’s no issue checking in earlier.

One option that may work is to check in online earlier and print your boarding pass that way.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888
One option that may work is to check in online earlier and print your boarding pass that way.
This sounds like a good suggestion
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QF Lifetime Gold, SQ/*G, Velocity Rewards, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honours, Accor Le Club
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
This sounds like a good suggestion
Agree.
Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Mlee888

IIRC this is first SQ flight of the day. Check-in desks won’t be open until around 3 hours before departure. I don’t recall seeing any automated machines there. If it was a later or evening flight then there’s no issue checking in earlier.

You can't recall seeing them as there is usually a football sized crowd of people around them! To be avoided like the plague and despite the "encouragment" from the helpers to use them we always use the *G check-in desk using, gasp, a human!

I was there last night dropping someone off for the 10pm flight to SIN and it was absolutely mobbed to an extent I had never seen (it is half term here so that is the most likely explanation). We could not do OLCI in this case as I suspect they wanted to see the passport. Which led to an odd discussion about British passport holders needing a visa for NZ before departure (not true, all done on arrival) but not a drama as they just used their NZ passport and we walked away from the discussion as quickly as our legs would take us.

@LifeTimeBronze: Anyway, if you have any status you can use then bypass the machines or go for OLCI. Good luck!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
You can't recall seeing them as there is usually a football sized crowd of people around them! To be avoided like the plague and despite the "encouragment" from the helpers to use them we always use the *G check-in desk using, gasp, a human!

I was there last night dropping someone off for the 10pm flight to SIN and it was absolutely mobbed to an extent I had never seen (it is half term here so that is the most likely explanation). We could not do OLCI in this case as I suspect they wanted to see the passport. Which led to an odd discussion about British passport holders needing a visa for NZ before departure (not true, all done on arrival) but not a drama as they just used their NZ passport and we walked away from the discussion as quickly as our legs would take us.

@LifeTimeBronze: Anyway, if you have any status you can use then bypass the machines or go for OLCI. Good luck!
Actually the only reason why I’ve not seen them is because I’ve been fortunate to travel J class only and I honestly don’t recall seeing any machines as I’ve always gone straight to the check-in counter.

Hopefully with that said, OP daughter may be able to check-in early still and get a boarding pass one way of the other to go through security to get to lounge.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:03 am

In fact, I am also flying from LHR to SIN in coming month and I also wanted to have early checkin so that don't have to spend on hotel in LHR. I checked SQ website and noticed that LHR should be able to use Mobile Boarding Pass. Anyone tried before? Hope it's working, as I will not have access printer to print out boarding pass.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...obile-checkin/
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:44 am

Used mobile boarding passes in December. Lounge insisted on printing paper but fine to get through security

Just to check though - airside would only be open around ~4.30am - not sure what time you are planning to go through to avoid needing a hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.