Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Downgraded from F to J --- What should I do???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just got an email a day ago telling me that due to an aircraft change that my 2 F seats had been changed from 1D/1C to 12D/12F!! I knew that was bad news. I've got a flight booked on April 14th from MNL > SIN SQ921. So I am now running trying to get this changed. Unfortunately I am sitting on the beach in El Nido Philippines with no phone service and very spotty internet. Actually it's quite nice hear, but unfortunate for my current situation ;-)

Anyway, I tried sending an email to the US and Australian reservations today

[email protected] & [email protected]

I explained the situation and that being downgraded to J was not acceptable. I asked them to rebook on an earlier flight SQ917 which is currently still showing an F cabin. Also told them I should not be charged a change fee since this is due to an SQ issue and not a change of my own.

I'm a bit nervous they won't change the flight over e-mail, but we will see. The Manila office won't open till Monday and I might be able to talk owner of my accommodation to let me call the office to try and get this settled over the phone.

What's your thought, should I be able to rebook this flight with no fee?

Will they rebook over e-mail?

I'm going a bit crazy here because I've already had a bad expirience, No Krug, on SQ F recently and this is just driving me crazy!!!!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just call SQ when you get back to your hotel. They should change your flight without any fee.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SFO777
Just call SQ when you get back to your hotel. They should change your flight without any fee.

hahaha, you make it sound so easy. Thank you. I'm hoping it is this easy and that I just over thinking things. Just a bit anxious as my first dealings with SQ have actually been pretty lackluster and do not instill confidence in having things resolved.

Thanks again for the level head.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
hahaha, you make it sound so easy. Thank you. I'm hoping it is this easy and that I just over thinking things. Just a bit anxious as my first dealings with SQ have actually been pretty lackluster and do not instill confidence in having things resolved. Thanks again for the level head.
Don't worry. SQ will move you to that flight. Just give them a call when you have available service. It's an involuntary downgrade so they have an obligation to make it right. SQ917 is an old 8 seat F cabin and there are at least 4 seats for sale and only 2 seat occupied. Plus, SQ is showing 2 Saver award seats on that flight so they won't even have to release a revenue seat.

Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold
ROFL first world problems?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just have the new flights written down so you can read them off to the agent. Changing your ticket is, of course, contingent on availability. If you do wind up in J, you are entitled to a refund of the fare difference (unless this is an EU departure in which case the refund is different).
tpsmith82 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by hotelboy
Isn't FT anything but?
gilbertaue and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
But a serious issue
tpsmith82 and NetJets Germany like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
I'm hoping it is this easy and that I just over thinking things. Just a bit anxious as my first dealings with SQ have actually been pretty lackluster and do not instill confidence in having things resolved.
Wow, SQ really have it in for you

Hope it all gets resolved as it should & the Krug flows on the way back
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I can't think of one section on Flyertalk that doesn't count as 'first world problems', so if you're going to sit there laughing, move on or close the browser. If it was your money or points you'd be anxious too.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:46 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well, just an update. Finally got into El Nido Town in the Philippines and was able to get internet. The emails I sent SQ did not really accomplish anything. The email I sent to the US & Australia reservations I had received an automated email stating they would get back to me in 3 business days. After the 3 days they said they forwarded my concerns to KrisFlyer Membership Desk, at which point they emailed me stating they could not do anything over e-mail and I would need to log into my account and submit a feedback request?? That was not going to work, plus feedback takes 10 days for a response. So I learned e-mail is a complete waste of time.

Anyway, while I was logged into my account I noticed a "online chat" button. So, I was able to chat with a representative about the situation. They had me switched to the new flight, seats assigned and ticketed within about 10 minutes. I love online chat. I have used it with many companies and find it usually a great way to accomplish some things.

Thanks for all the advise and I'll let you all know how the flight was.

More importantly...if they stocked KRUG.
chisquared likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
MNL? No Krug. It’s not even on the menu
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Certain intra Asia routes they "only" carry DP. CGK is one of those. HKG gets Krug I think, but I wouldn't swear it. YMMV
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:31 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pokfur
MNL? No Krug. It’s not even on the menu

Hahahaha, man that's such a joke if true. I'll be flying that in a few days and will be sorely dissapointed AGAIN if there is no Krug

Starating to wonder if they serve it at all anymore.

How many 1st class flights do you have to take to try thier dual offerings?

Answer: None, save your money and buy it on the ground.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Lol. It is true. I just flew it last week! As demue rightly pointed out, the shorter F flights only have 1 choice of champagne which is the Dom. I believe HKG is the shortest flight where both Dom and Krug are offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.