No Krug at all loaded on PVG > SIN???

Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Couple of data points:
1. PH Rare no longer being served in SIN SKL F - discontinued couple weeks back - nobody seems to know if will be reintroduced - it has been by CH NV same as served in SKL J and J cabins on board
2: SQ831 Thu Mar 28 77N (4 seat F) 4 pax 3 x Krug and 5 x Dom loaded
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Couple of data points:
1. PH Rare no longer being served in SIN SKL F - discontinued couple weeks back - nobody seems to know if will be reintroduced - it has been by CH NV same as served in SKL J and J cabins on board
2: SQ831 Thu Mar 28 77N (4 seat F) 4 pax 3 x Krug and 5 x Dom loaded
They still had plenty of PH Rare in SIN SKL F in February. Maybe another shortage?

Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber

They still had plenty of PH Rare in SIN SKL F in February. Maybe another shortage?

February is now 5 weeks ago - they had no PH Rare on Mar 28 - Muhammad has no idea if they will restock going forward - Sachi had no idea either
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by tpsmith82

All in all, not really upset over these circumstances, just disappointed and surprised as SQ is regarded as one of the World’s premier airlines. Just wanted to see how their customer service department reacts, and now I know and so do you.

What you received is a fairly standard response from SQ, because they do of course believe they are the world's best airline and therefore you should be delighted to have the privilege to fly them. I had a leaking A/C unit or otherwise above my seat in business, dripping water onto me, and the solution was to attempt to plug it with a towel, which didn't work and there were no other seats available. I asked for the inflight manager, who was "not available", and in submitting a complaint the response was that "the flight and crew were unusually busy, but thanks for your patronage". The agents do just fill in the blanks in responding, but customer service in Singapore is notoriously bad, so I'm not surprised the national airline adopts the same approach. For future reference, it is better to tell SQ exactly what you want in terms of compensation (in your case, maybe a bottle of Krug ), as they most definitely will not think outside the box in proactively offering a solution...at best they'll look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon lah

Last edited by EGW1; Apr 3, 2019 at 11:01 pm
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:16 am

February is now 5 weeks ago - they had no PH Rare on Mar 28 - Muhammad has no idea if they will restock going forward - Sachi had no idea either
Thats too bad and Chris63 wont appreciate that.

Wish they had kept the PH, as I sometimes even prefer it to the Dom they serve at TPR.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by EGW1
What you received is a fairly standard response from SQ, because they do of course believe they are the world's best airline and therefore you should be delighted to have the privilege to fly them. I had a leaking A/C unit or otherwise above my seat in business, dripping water onto me, and the solution was to attempt to plug it with a towel, which didn't work and there were no other seats available. I asked for the inflight manager, who was "not available", and in submitting a complaint the response was that "the flight and crew were unusually busy, but thanks for your patronage". The agents do just fill in the blanks in responding, but customer service in Singapore is notoriously bad, so I'm not surprised the national airline adopts the same approach. For future reference, it is better to tell SQ exactly what you want in terms of compensation (in your case, maybe a bottle of Krug ), as they most definitely will not think outside the box in proactively offering a solution...at best they'll look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon lah
Was also very unhappy that their ISM didn't come to apologize personally in that over 12hr flight. Only left the leading and chief to handle the case.

the catering was also let me down. Both myself and the only other passenger ordered the same book the cook. Both of us just ate less than half of it. They didn't offer us to pick something else from the menu.

will have 4 first/suite with them again this month. Will see if they still have any shortage of Krug onboard.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
In my experiences in SQ F and suites, I have had several occasions to compare Krug to Dom. I would say that it is not always the case that one is better than the other. To my palate, maybe 50% of the time, the Dom is better, 25% the Krug is better, and 25% of the time it's a tie.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
In my experiences in SQ F and suites, I have had several occasions to compare Krug to Dom. I would say that it is not always the case that one is better than the other. To my palate, maybe 50% of the time, the Dom is better, 25% the Krug is better, and 25% of the time it's a tie.
taste is very personal
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I completely agree.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
...not to mention that it has been conclusively proved that the environment in a plane (low pressure, low humidity) seriously impairs your sense of taste. If you want to really appreciate high quality wines, do it on the ground!
davidj1 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:06 pm

Wish they had kept the PH, as I sometimes even prefer it to the Dom they serve at TPR.
I personally think PH Rare substantially more palatable than Dom - not as good as Krug but not far behind.
Originally Posted by whughes3
...not to mention that it has been conclusively proved that the environment in a plane (low pressure, low humidity) seriously impairs your sense of taste. If you want to really appreciate high quality wines, do it on the ground!
Yes hughsey best place to try quality wine would be at Olive Tree in South Melbourne? Tell the thread how you supplied your friends with bottle of Grange last get together hughsey? (Grange = ~USD500/bott
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:32 pm

In the FC lounge now and sorry to report it's still CH. Wife not happy.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:09 am

I personally think PH Rare substantially more palatable than Dom - not as good as Krug but not far behind.
It really depends and the day and the situation, including whether you have it with a meal and, if so, whats for dinner.

But I agree, in general I would rank Krug, PH Rare, Dom.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by SgtSweetchuck
In the FC lounge now and sorry to report it's still CH. Wife not happy.
Thank you.

Thats not good news.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

It really depends and the day and the situation, including whether you have it with a meal and, if so, whats for dinner.

But I agree, in general I would rank Krug, PH Rare, Dom.
For me its Krug, Dom, PH Rare.

But no PH Rare in SKF lounge is a disaster

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.