SQ Website and Apps Slow or Timeout

Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

SQ Website and Apps Slow or Timeout

Hello -

I've had quite a bit of trouble over the last week searching for bookings on the SQ website (desktop) and iOS apps. It's sometimes very slow, and sometimes gives a 'gateway timeout.' I'm just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues, and if so - perhaps have a solution?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
I've had quite a bit of trouble over the last week searching for bookings on the SQ website (desktop) and iOS apps. It's sometimes very slow, and sometimes gives a 'gateway timeout.' I'm just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues, and if so - perhaps have a solution?
Yes, I'm the same. I realised that I was having problems with Chrome loading slowly on my PC, probably because of all the Do Not Track and other anonymising add-ons I weight it down with, but SQ is far and away the worst performer using Chrome (as I have it configured) of any site I access. I switched to Epic which has Do Not Track and other tools built in and it's a lot faster (but still not great). However when I attempt to make a booking I get "prove you're a human being" alerts from SQ (also never happens with anyone else). I just put it down to Singapore being both an authoritarian state and wanting to intrude on my browsing activity. The Apps are not too bad but I'm using the beta of their iPhone App and that also loads very slowly. I had a lot of trouble making payments to secure a booking last week and eventually booked/paid via an online travel agent
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:59 pm

Since their upgrade a few years back the website has continued to be buggy
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I don't us chrome and experiencing same problems. One of my bookings could not use the manage my booking just went into endless processing. Called complained and had to have them manage my booking.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
I don't us chrome and experiencing same problems. One of my bookings could not use the manage my booking just went into endless processing. Called complained and had to have them manage my booking.
It's important to add that you should tell them about the problems with the website and they will then waive any processing fees that are typically associated with contacting the call centre
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
SQ has had a ridiculously poor website and apps for a long time. I am very used to waiting an extraordinarily long time for even the simplest pages to load, and when booking records are being called up, it’s even worse. I mentioned it to a telephone CSR once and her reply was, “Yes, it is slow and we apologize”.
RTWFF and dog face like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
I've never seen it as bad as this as it currently is.
Keeps timing out....
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:50 pm

It's bad!

I am trying to book a J-to-F redemption tonight. I've got the miles, the Advantage upgrade is showing up as available, I click Next to "check through [my] booking before confirming [my] upgrade," and...it gets stuck in a loop where I keep clicking Next and the website keeps showing me the Review screen.

I called in and it took 5 minutes for the CS person to load up my booking. She said that she "was trying to clear an error." Then it took her another 5 minutes to check availability on the segment I'm interested in. Finally she came back on and said the upgrade was waitlisted. I told her that it's saying otherwise on the website. She replied that if the redemption shows up available on the website but it fails to complete, that actually means it's waitlisted!

Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:12 pm

Aaaaand I just called back. The next CSR was able to load up my reservation and book the upgrade immediately. Total phone time: 6 minutes
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:34 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I've been on the phone now for 1hr (today). Yesterday it was 45mins.
A major issue is that what the call centre sees is not the availability I see.

Every time I have sent them screenshots (which they process while I'm on the phone with them), I get a response of "ok, we agree to offer you those Saver fares".
So not only is their website buggy, their complete system internally seems messed up.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by fast passenger
I am trying to book a J-to-F redemption tonight. I've got the miles, the Advantage upgrade is showing up as available, I click Next to "check through [my] booking before confirming [my] upgrade," and...it gets stuck in a loop where I keep clicking Next and the website keeps showing me the Review screen.

I called in and it took 5 minutes for the CS person to load up my booking. She said that she "was trying to clear an error." Then it took her another 5 minutes to check availability on the segment I'm interested in. Finally she came back on and said the upgrade was waitlisted. I told her that it's saying otherwise on the website. She replied that if the redemption shows up available on the website but it fails to complete, that actually means it's waitlisted!
Just a suspicion but I' noticed that when I was attempting (and failing) to make a paid booking some weeks ago, the counter of seats available kept decreasing by 1 each time I attempted and failed. I'd guess that somehow you booked the last one available, reducing the count from "Available" to "Waitlist", but then failed to complete. At some point it cleared itself and the seat was once again Available
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Just a suspicion but I' noticed that when I was attempting (and failing) to make a paid booking some weeks ago, the counter of seats available kept decreasing by 1 each time I attempted and failed. I'd guess that somehow you booked the last one available, reducing the count from "Available" to "Waitlist", but then failed to complete. At some point it cleared itself and the seat was once again Available
That has happened to me before too! Specifically, I was able to get to the payment step, but the website wasn't charging my credit card properly. I would come back to my list of bookings and see multiple "reserved" but not ticketed itineraries. Seats wouldn't reappear for selection until I individually canceled the zombie itineraries.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:08 am

Its terrible. None of my redemption searches produce any results. If Im lucky I get a worthless time out message.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:33 am

I'm also experiencing problems with their website. Booked a ticket on Sunday, but it took about 3 minutes before the Safekey prompt appear, and then another 3 minutes for the confirmation page.

Usually, at this stage, I would also have received an email confirming the booking. But nope, not this time.

Subsequently, retrieving this particular booking has been bizarre: yesterday, it was a consistent "Cannot change, please contact local office", followed by 2minutes of retrieval - but cannot Book the Cook. Refresh, rinse and repeat, and hey, the BTC option appears. If log out and then log in again, I've to go through the entire process again.

Strangely, other bookings (made months before) have no issues.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: Skyward gold, MH Enrich gold
Both web and app are painfully slow, constantly timed out, the 7 days availability chart (after 30 mins of fiddling around) is a joke - clicked on the date where it showed available but the result came back as no reward available. Well done SQ if this was the "enhancement" you promised when hiking up the redemption rates recently.
gilbertaue likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.