Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by boss315
Why does everyone think they deserve s birthday upgrade?
I don't think anyone in this thread think they deserve a birthday upgrade. OP asked what were the chances of an upgrade. To me, the tone of the posts were polite with no sense of entitlement.
toygg likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Try doing a search "birthday" =
SQ Birthday Upgrades
Birthday Cake +/- 1 day
Birthday on SIA first
SQ flight on daughters' 8th birthday ... any chance to order a special treat with SQ?
Flying on a Birthday
Same question as OP in 2010 Birthday Flight to Auckland
Complimentary Birthday Cake
From 2007 Have you flown SQ on your Birthday?
I now know how I will be spending my birthday next year
From 2005 SQ Birthdays on the Plane
Flight on Birthday
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:31 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ShortDog
For a point of comparison, when I flew on my birthday this year, BA paged me in the first class lounge, and a waitress offered me a glass of Krug champagne from the Concorde Room. That was the extent of recognition for my birthday. Good enough. I have OW Emerald status.
OT, but CCR does Krug now??!!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Why does everyone think they deserve s birthday upgrade? I’m just glad to have a seat I’ve picked, even though I’ll always take a better one.....I’m not entitled to anything.....also glad to see that my feet hit the ground each day.....
Please do not twist my question and force words down my throat, Have a nice day!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Why does everyone think they deserve s birthday upgrade? I’m just glad to have a seat I’ve picked, even though I’ll always take a better one.....I’m not entitled to anything.....also glad to see that my feet hit the ground each day.....
Originally Posted by Troopers
My upcoming flight in two weeks is +/- one day of my birthday. A cake has been ordered to be uplifted on board ^ Currently in 12D/F on the A350 so only seat upgrade would be to Row 11 but currently occupied per EF.
Grats!! Hope u like the cake
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by toygg
Grats!! Hope u like the cake
Cake was a cheesecake. No way I could finish it and shared it with my cabin mates.

Last edited by Troopers; Apr 8, 2019 at 8:05 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: Krisflyer
When I flew on my birthday I pre-ordered the cake. It was an evening flight and there was no sign of it appearing before I went to sleep. I had to ask for it... it would have been more special if they had noticed it loaded in the galley and taken the initiative to offer it instead of me having to request my birthday treat. Staff in the duty free shop at Changi were better at spotting it had been my birthday the day before when they checked my passport!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by toygg
Hmmmm..... How about a cake at least then? Wat are the chances of them spotting my birthday on Krisflyer system?
If Aceboy can't get a cake nobody can!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
i'd be disappointed if someone got upgraded because of something as trivial as a birthday.
good luck in any case. my disappointment should never trump someone's joy.
onlySIA likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I do know of a Lifetime PPS Solitaire member who was upgraded on a short haul flight (under 3h) on his birthday. Could have been an Op Up that coincided, or maybe not.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by onlySIA
When I flew on my birthday I pre-ordered the cake. It was an evening flight and there was no sign of it appearing before I went to sleep. I had to ask for it... it would have been more special if they had noticed it loaded in the galley and taken the initiative to offer it instead of me having to request my birthday treat. Staff in the duty free shop at Changi were better at spotting it had been my birthday the day before when they checked my passport!
I thought they the crew had forgotten about my cake. This was on the SFO-SIN nonstop. ~15 hrs into the flight, nothing. About 2 hrs before landing, breakfast was served and everything was cleared. Still nothing. About an hour before landing, two crew members brought out the cake with the bears; leaving enough time to eat the cake.
onlySIA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.