Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SilverKris FC Lounge/The Private Room & Changi Airport for optimal experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

This is a question for those familiar with the SilverKris First Class Lounge and The Private Room at Changi Airport. I have a 25 hour stopover in Singapore with an 11:55pm flight back to NYC in July. I'm already going to see sights earlier that day, so I don't need to take advantage of the free city tour...

I would like to take advantage of my Singapore Suites experience. I want to spend a decent amount of time in the SilverKris FC Lounge and have dinner in The Private Room before my flight. Also, Changi Airport is an attraction in itself with plenty to check out there...

How many hours would I need at the airport for an optimal experience? I don't want to feel rushed. Thanks for your input!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I want to spend a decent amount of time in the SilverKris FC Lounge and have dinner in The Private Room before my flight. A
No need to allow time for the FC Lounge, unless your are meeting others there (who do not have access to The Private Room) The Private Room is a lounge in its own right, and better than the FCL.

Other than that, in terms of time, you probably know how much time you want in the lounge. Maybe 3-4 hours? If you want to explore some of the things Changi has to offer - really hard to tell - maybe add an hour or two depending on what you want to do with the time. If you have plenty of time, and feel inclined, you could also go for a swim/relax (for a small fee) at the pool in T1 before heading to T3 to have dinner in TPR (in which case add a little more time).
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
So you arrive at 10:55pm and depart at 11:55pm the next day.

Do you need to collect luggage? If you don't (i.e. luggage checked all the way through to NYC) then you could overnight in the transit hotel, then wake up and have breakfast in TPR before heading to the city for your sightseeing.

Then I'd come back at around maybe 9.30-ish to have late dinner in TPR and rest before the flight. Changi Airport is great but IMO not that great that I'd purposely spend hours there exploring.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:12 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
At the end of the day it's just an airport. An hour to look around T3 and a couple of hours in TPR for dinner prior to your flight would be enough.

Remember you can use the First Class Check in Building at T3 when you return to the airport.

Changi Airport

You can go for a swim, visit the butterflies, have a drink in the cactus garden, watch a movie, go shopping, ride the train between the terminals.
w4rd and chisquared like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I suggest treating TPR as a nice restaurant and time your visit accordingly. If you would be bored in a restaurant after 3 hours the same is likely to apply here.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:36 pm

Also remember that Jewel will be open then which will a Yotel as well as many other options to look around.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
If you have time on arrival perhaps take a quick spin of the terminal/Jewel and see for yourself what is of interest to you and how much time you would want to allocate. I always feel it depends on each person's prior airport experience and objectives (is is just checking out a new airport, are you shopping for something, using services) how much time one would need at an airport. But my guess is 3ish hours should be sufficient.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
The other thought, unless planning to miss the first meal service on your flight, I'd actually tend to go for dinner first, then explore airport, and maybe come back to TPR to relax before the flight. Always good to space your meals to avoid overindulgence , and thus put time between your meal in TPR and the service onboard.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'm staying at the Conrad Singapore and I'm only doing carry-on for the return. I like the idea eating dinner in The Private Room and then exploring Changi. I wasn't planning on missing the first meal service.

I have another question: I was planning on exploring the Gardens by the Bay, Cloud Forest, etc during the daytime. I see that the earliest Gardens night light show is at 7:45pm. I was planning on missing this, but I think I would be kicking myself if I did. Do you think the show is worth coming back to at night? I was going to ask the Conrad for a late check out and to hold my bags until I was ready to head back to the airport...This means I would leave the Marina Bay area at 8:30pm for the airport.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by WLG Base
You can go for a swim, visit the butterflies, have a drink in the cactus garden, watch a movie, go shopping, ride the train between the terminals.
I find it quite amusing you consider riding the train between the terminals the same kind of activity as going for a swim, seeing the butterflies, etc.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by chisquared
I find it quite amusing you consider riding the train between the terminals the same kind of activity as going for a swim, seeing the butterflies, etc.
each to their own i guess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.