Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Recent disappointing experience with Singapore airlines and balance Krisflyer points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent disappointing experience with Singapore airlines and balance Krisflyer points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The only one of these vloggers I can watch without feeling nauseous is Paul Lucas.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...egative-review

Airline vlogger faces backlash, including a death threat, for his negative review of Singapore Airlines
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
He claimed that Malaysia Airlines stuff intimidated him online, then Xiamen Air, now Singapore Airlines.

No idea if the claims made by him are true. Looks more like an attention seeker.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So why are we having a totally unrelated discussion in some FTers thread about this vlogger's experience? Oh, right, vsepr's crusade to revive dead threads to slag SQ.
shuigao, nancypants and yurtripper like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So why are we having a totally unrelated discussion in some FTers thread about this vlogger's experience? Oh, right, vsepr's crusade to revive dead threads to slag SQ.
has anyone ever seen them both in the same room?
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:20 am

Deleted as I couldn’t find my mother of pearl ipad pen!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by yurtripper
The only one of these vloggers I can watch without feeling nauseous is Paul Lucas.
I get Dennis Bunnik vlogs pop up in my youtube every now and then. I don't subscribe but do watch when one comes up. He seems to be more methodical in his reviews, and I assume he's travelling as part of his family business - not specifically to do vlogs. Or maybe just that he's my generation and therefore he resonates more with me.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
I’ve seen a few of Mr “Cahill’s” reviews, and he reminds me of my sister in law. When he is the one who keeps getting threatened/bullied etc etc it might be down to him, and not everyone else. He’s a major drama queen.

And no, his name is neither Josh nor Cahill I’d am old post on his Insta is to be believed.
anaidross and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
I get Dennis Bunnik vlogs pop up in my youtube every now and then. I don't subscribe but do watch when one comes up. He seems to be more methodical in his reviews, and I assume he's travelling as part of his family business - not specifically to do vlogs. Or maybe just that he's my generation and therefore he resonates more with me.
I must admit I like Dennis' YouTube channel. Just zero drama compared to the others that are chasing cheap "likes"
Plus as a fellow south Aussie I have to support Dennis 😁
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Ah yes, I've seen a few of his and I guess I can give him a pass in that he's not objectionable or attention-seeking. Only thing is, I get the impression that some of his trips are sponsored by the airlines.

Paul Lucas is now doing well enough to get YouTube sponsors (e.g. Dashlane) but AFAIK he doesn't have any of his trips sponsored by the airlines themselves.

There's another guy (Austrian, I think) who seems reasonably on the money but quite a lot of his reviews are about Y flights, which I rarely bother to watch. Simply Aviation or something like that.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I get the impression that some of his trips are sponsored by the airlines.t.
I suspect you are correct. Not convinced they are sponsored specifically for the reviews, but perhaps as a by-product of the nature of the family business that he and other family members run.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:41 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Noel Philips was appreciably less irritating in his SQ Y MAN-IAH 5th freedom review
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Punyakoti Setlur

My point is, why go through the trouble of collecting points, using your credit card diligently for over a year and get nothing special out of it? I would rather buy cheap economy tickets on other airlines and wait for them to offer another 'reasonably priced' chance to upgrade to Business.
Maybe because, best airline or not, no airline really cares that much about the miles you get from a credit card. They want you to have miles accrued from flying (i.e. paying them) with them, not shopping with a partner.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by redvelvetmartinis
Maybe because, best airline or not, no airline really cares that much about the miles you get from a credit card. They want you to have miles accrued from flying (i.e. paying them) with them, not shopping with a partner.
So you know OP and Elvis left the building ten months ago, right? They don’t seem to be replying, someone revived the thread to post about something unrelated...
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So you know OP and Elvis left the building ten months ago, right? They don’t seem to be replying, someone revived the thread to post about something unrelated...
we should perhaps ask the mods to split out the completely unrelated blogger news to avoid confusion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.