Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Misplaced bag in business class overhead cabin of SQ-403

Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Issue : Left shopping bag in Business class overhead cabin of flight SQ 403

Flight Details : Flight- SQ 403, Delhi to Singapore, Departure on 17th Feb at 9:45 pm and arrival on 18th Feb at 6 am, Business class seat 20F

Description : Steve Madden shopping bag has Mens Brown Formal Shoes" inside (with original bill - purchased from Delhi duty free).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:29 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk Mrigakshi

For lost cabin baggage you will need to contact SQ.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

I did, but no luck! They didn't find it even though I lodged that complaint in just an hour's time of losing it. Has anyone ever got back their stuff on a business class SQ flight??
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:40 pm

Yes I know a lucky guy who left his I-Pad twice onboard. On both occasions it was returned to him, once I was witness @CI for the rt in MAA.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

That's good to know. I hope I get the shoes too!!! It was a huge shopping bag kept in the overhead cabinet, definitely not a small item which cannot be seen. Let's see what experience Singapore Airlines give me.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Mrigakshi
They didn't find it even though I lodged that complaint in just an hour's time of losing it.
I'd give it some time. An hour probably isn't enough for the item to make its way to lost and found.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

It's been 4 days now and the Lost and Found team hasn't received it
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I know folks who got glasses, kindle etc back even days later. All depends.You never know if another pax took it, if it was disposed by cleaning staff, is sitting somewhere, etc.

We left a Lumix camera in one of the deep side pockets / storage spaces of an SQ biz seat (A330). Absolutely impossible to spot for any other pax exiting the aircraft so only a good cleaning would discover it.

We raised the issue within 60mins after arrival in SIN and supposedly the aircraft had already been cleaned and nothing was reported found by cleaners as well as the subsequent security check (so you don't stash sinister items on an aircraft).

Weird, but how to prove anything. We wrote it off as a loss. Our own fault, but still left a bit of a "bad aftertaste in our mouths" so to say, especially as SIA was adamant that nothing gets taken by their team or service providers.

So it disappeared into thin air or we imagined bringing it with us? We didn't ask for compensation or anything like that (of course it would be unfounded), just to have a look. Then almost being called a liar wasn't a great experience. Anyways, if nothing found after several days that's usually it and you'll have to write the item off.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:41 am
THR

Originally Posted by Mrigakshi
Let's see what experience Singapore Airlines give me.
Hard to know or fault them if it's not returned. Could have been taken by a passenger.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: SQ/CX
My friend flew J (Few years back)
left an iPod Touch (3rd gen) behind, reported it when he realises after reaching home within 2 hours.
SQ contacted him the next morning, informing it has been found, he received someone else's iPhone 3Gs
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Let us know how it goes ... it could just take time for it to be logged in the system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.