Wiki Posts
Search

Award routing rules with SQ and VA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:48 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Award routing rules with SQ and VA

Trying to understand routing rules and adding a stopover. I am currently ticketed for 2 F Saver awards from MNL > SIN > MEL. All on SQ metal at the post devaluation rate of 85K. My final destination is actually CNS and I've been getting ready to purchase that flight. It occurred to me I might be able to add that on to my current award booking???

Am I able to pay the $100 fee per ticket to add a stopover in MEL and then continue on to CNS on VA metal with no additional miles? So my routing would then be MNL > SIN > MEL / MEL > CNS. First two segments in F on SQ, final segment on VA in J.

Or, looking at the chart for SQ and *A at 180K round trip in F from SE Asia 2 to SW Pacific, would I need to also pay the additional 5K in miles per ticket as well.

Am I just dreaming it could be that easy, or do I need to make a call and get this put together?

Tickets right now in E are around $120 on Tiger Air. So for $100 and 5K miles to fly in J seems like an obvious choice.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Stopovers only permitted on SQ metal.

VA is not part of *A. If you need a VA ticket, it’ll be a new ticket and would have nothing to do with your SQ booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.