Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can't find any flights. At all. Is it just me or...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't find any flights. At all. Is it just me or...?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Then why can't I see it?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
What do you see when you search BKK to VTE on 13 March?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chisquared
What do you see when you search BKK to VTE on 13 March?
This is what I see (7 flights, all transfering via Singapore and Luang Prabang). I've already logged in and tried searching both from the home page and the "book flights" link in the KrisFlyer main page. Same result.

(BTW I got 500 points through a promotion)

Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by TanyaHelenaP
This is what I see (7 flights, all transfering via Singapore and Luang Prabang). I've already logged in and tried searching both from the home page and the "book flights" link in the KrisFlyer main page. Same result.

(BTW I got 500 points through a promotion)

You need to select "Redeem Flights" not "Book Flights" to see award availability.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:08 am

Above the boxes where you enter your origin and destination, there should be an option that says “Redeem Flights”. You’ll want to select that to view flights that you can redeem miles for.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TanyaHelenaP
Then why can't I see it?
I suspect the reason could be that if there is no availability on SQ metal, the Star alliance option might not be shown at all. I could be wrong though.
As others suggested, best to find availability using Aeroplan or Life miles or even United.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flumoxed
You need to select "Redeem Flights" not "Book Flights" to see award availability.
Above the boxes where you enter your origin and destination, there should be an option that says “Redeem Flights”. You’ll want to select that to view flights that you can redeem miles for.
Nope. I tried that first time round and got the following screen for more than 20-30 different search possibilities (including small/frequent SG routes)

Based on this personal experience alone, I feel SG has been worst airline in the world in terms of customer experience. Hope some bad reviews will nudge these slackers to change...

I mean, why must I go through the hassle of calling when everything is done smoothly online nowadays...?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Instead of VTE, can you type the whole city name and then select from the list?
chisquared, RTWFF and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by spk307
I second this suggestion. I’ve sometimes had the website not find any flights between SIN and LHR because it, for some reason, did not recognise the entry for one of the cities. Make sure you’ve selected VTE from a drop-down box before continuing.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spk307

I second this suggestion. I’ve sometimes had the website not find any flights between SIN and LHR because it, for some reason, did not recognise the entry for one of the cities. Make sure you’ve selected VTE from a drop-down box before continuing.
I had already written the full city names and selected from dropdown box. It changes to a code only on the error page,

What's going on...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:39 pm

Dear TanyaHelenaP,

I can confirm availability for BKK-VTE on 13 Mar in Saver Economy Class (12,500 points).

Try this (in exact order):
1) Go to www.singaporeair.com
2) Select the circle for "Redeem flights"
3) Wait about 5 seconds (for the page to load the cities)
4) In "From", type "BKK" and make sure to click the full city name which should pop up
5) In "To", type "VTE" and make sure to click the full city name which should pop up
6) Select the date and make sure that "one-way" circle is selected
7) Tick the "Flexible travel dates" box
8) Click "Search"
9) Login, if it prompts you.

Then you should see it ))

Unfortunately, the website has some bugs, but if you do the process in this order, you should get you where you need to go )) Most importantly is Step 3 (one of the biggest site bugs for this process), as well as the full names for Steps 4 & 5.

Hope this helps ))
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:48 pm

Alternatively use the mobile app .The cities are in a list so you don't have the issue about having to wait for the cities to load
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maestro1981
Dear TanyaHelenaP,

I can confirm availability for BKK-VTE on 13 Mar in Saver Economy Class (12,500 points).

Try this (in exact order):
1) Go to www.singaporeair.com
2) Select the circle for "Redeem flights"
3) Wait about 5 seconds (for the page to load the cities)
4) In "From", type "BKK" and make sure to click the full city name which should pop up
5) In "To", type "VTE" and make sure to click the full city name which should pop up
6) Select the date and make sure that "one-way" circle is selected
7) Tick the "Flexible travel dates" box
8) Click "Search"
9) Login, if it prompts you.

Then you should see it ))

Unfortunately, the website has some bugs, but if you do the process in this order, you should get you where you need to go )) Most importantly is Step 3 (one of the biggest site bugs for this process), as well as the full names for Steps 4 & 5.

Hope this helps ))
I followed each step exactly as you said, and get exactly the same error.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by epigram
Alternatively use the mobile app .The cities are in a list so you don't have the issue about having to wait for the cities to load
I tried this, too. Here's the result:

(this is what I had selected)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:00 am

Following this thread with interest as I experienced my fair share of technology (and phone agent) issues trying to book a saver award as two separate one-ways for travel for next Jan/Feb 2020. Confirmed that I also can see TG economy saver availability for your date using Chrome for Windows, Firefox for Windows, and SQ app for Android. I'm now thinking it might be a problem with your KrisFlyer account so have just a few comments/suggestions:

1. Call the agent and ask them politely to hold the saver reservation for you as wait for the points to transfer. They might refuse, ask for your transaction confirmation code, or comply without issue. If they refuse or say they might charge you for making the booking over the phone, tell them the website is not working or HUCA.
2. Did you have to type in your PIN on the mobile app before searching? Are you logged in on the desktop website while conducting the searches? I have to be.
3. Try creating a second KrisFlyer account and see if you can get the availability that way. I'm really thinking this could be a problem with your specific to your account.

Hope you are able to get this resolved!

Last edited by rhizopod; Mar 3, 2019 at 5:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.