Bid Upgrade Question

Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Bid Upgrade Question

I have been offered this on an Adelaide to Singapore sector with my partner and have a couple of questions.

Will the bid amount shown be for both seats or each?

Bearing in mind I booked and paid for the emergency exit seating with extra legroom already is it worth upgrading.

Oh and of course the FT question of my chances of a subsequent bounce into biz class?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
I think the bid amount is per seat.

There is considerable difference between exit row seating and full business class service (+ you will have priority check in, luggage, priority immigration (at Adelaide not much use as never crowded) and lounge access. If you were comparing exit row and premium economy, then there is not much difference, but the Adelaide bird does not have premium economy so any upgrade bid would be to full business class.

I think chances of any op upgrade is unlikely.
smokie36 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks corporate flyer....just realised my mistake...our return to Singapore is from Sydney so it is a premium economy upgrade.

I didn't really think it would be worth it at 11000 Baht each.....for both perhaps so thanks again.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
no - i did a AUD210 upgrade bid from SIN to MEL which was accepted to premium economy, but think next time I would pay for the extra leg room as better value than the upgrade. I couldnt get comfortable with the leg rest and foot rest set up (seems it doesnt really work together) and you experience significant delay in getting BTC meal and any type of drink with your meal
smokie36 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.