Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

can Advantage award be converted to Saver (and refund) if inventory opens?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:24 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi all, quick question about waitlists and booking awards.

If I have to book an Advantage (full price) award ticket to give family members certainty about a flight date, and then subsequently some Saver award space opens up, can I convert the ticket to the lower miles cost version and get a partial refund of the miles? With / without a $50 change fee?

Is this allowed? Does the availability ever even follow that pattern / happen like this?

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:32 pm

You can do this. Depending on various factors you will either have to pay the $50 change fee or the $75 cancel and re-deposit fee and then re-book with the new saver availability.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:42 pm

I believe you would have to cancel and re-book. I remember reading somewhere here that the terms states that no miles will be refunded, if the changed booking uses lesser miles.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Cancel and redeposit and fees will apply.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:40 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Ah, thank you for the information, all.

By the way, I believe it would be the $50 fee (redeposit of Advantage awards) seen here, unless I am mistaken:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../service-fees/
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:16 am

It would seem that if there are no Saver spaces available at the time of booking, you'll be automatically on a waitlist.

From what a CS rep told me, if you have a confirmed Adv booking and are waitlisted for Saver, they will tend to jump over you and give the Saver seat to someone else if it opens up. This is assuming, of course, that there are other people on the waitlist and that Saver seats will open up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.