Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ and UA falling out / Trouble with Star Alliance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ

Has anyone recently booked a ticket on SingaporeAir.com from SIN to another US city connecting via UA? I tried to get a price for SIN->ATL on the SQ website for May 2019 and got a price with Delta Airlines instead! I had no issue on ANA website and got NH-UA routing. I tried SIN->SEA and got a connection with Alaska instead! I also noticed that recently redemptions using Krisflyer for TG and NH seems to stop on 26th Dec 2019 onwards (even though they had released tickets for Dec on a daily basis (ending with 25 Dec) more than 1 week ago).

I also read some article that MileagePlus can't redeem SQ and TG flights until further notice due to an "IT glitch". However, such a glitch seems to be extending to commercial tickets for more than a few days (strange for IT issue not fixed for so long when it comes to actual revenue impacted), while commercial bookings on ANA-UA is okay. So is UA and SQ having a backlash, and tit-for-tat, due to SQ launching so many promotional tickets from SIN to LAX/SFO/NEW and UA is stopping connections from these cities to save its own business on Asia routes?

Or Star Alliance is showing some cracks?
'
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
SQ has released J redemption seats to MileagePlus on their SYD-CBR-SIN flights until the latest glitch (I know as I'm booked on one using MP points), so I am discounting the conspiracy theories (as usual)
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ktang
Has anyone recently booked a ticket on SingaporeAir.com from SIN to another US city connecting via UA?
SQ hasn't sold domestic US connections on UA in years. They use B6, AS, DL, etc.

Absolutely nothing to see here.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They have been feuding forever.... well ever since SQ allied themselves with AS against UA. Maybe there were some precursor to that I don't know.

And UA didn't show SQ availability on their website for years and years. It was all still bookable on the phone.

Nothing new here.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kacee
SQ hasn't sold domestic US connections on UA in years. They use B6, AS, DL, etc..
Except out of IAH, can find a small number of connections on SQ codeshares operated by UA, connecting to/from SQ 51/52. But not on a UA code. As you say nothing new about this though.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And as a counterpoint, SQ is currently the only UA partner for which their IT supports direct seat reservations through your UA reservation.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
One more vote for "they have been feuding forever...nothing new here". Thought it was quite apparent from UA beating SQ to launching non-stop SFO-SIN.
RTWFF likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.