Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scoot flight diverted after fight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Scoot flight diverted after fight

There was a fight on a Scoot flight on Monday. Why people get in a fight because they don't get alcohol (apparently the reason this happened) always surprises me

Scoot flight from Gold Coast to Singapore diverted after passenger causes disruption
SYDNEY: A Scoot flight heading to Singapore from Australia's Gold Coast was diverted to Sydney Airport on Monday (Jan 21) after an Australian man caused disruption on board.

Flight TR7 was diverted to Sydney Airport about 1 hour and 20 minutes into its journey.

"During boarding and take-off, the passenger appeared normal. After take-off, he began to disturb surrounding passengers," Scoot said in a statement.

Surrounding passengers were quickly moved to other seats and cabin crew were instructed not to sell alcohol to the man, according to the airline.

"A while later, the unruly passenger punched another passenger. Following safety procedure, our crew stepped in to break up the fight and were assisted by other passengers.

The unruly passenger was eventually subdued with two restraining kits, with the help of five passengers," said Scoot.

A decision was made to return to Sydney, where the man was handed over to local law enforcement. According to the airline, the crew also checked on the passenger who had been assaulted, who confirmed he did not need medical attention.

The airline said that it had arranged for the other passengers to fly on Scoot flight TR13 or Singapore Airlines flights SQ242 and SQ288 that were scheduled to depart from Sydney Airport.

It added that Scoot representatives would be meeting with arriving passengers to provide assistance where necessary.

Scoot told Channel NewsAsia that contrary to an online report, the diversion was not due to the man "self-harming".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.