Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing SIN airside day before

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Accessing SIN airside day before

Not strictly a Singapore airlines question but thought I would post here as you have more knowledge of the terminal...

Hello all! I’m flying from SIN in a few weeks on QR943 departing at 10:55am I believe from terminal 1.

I’d like to minimise jet lag so thinking of staying the night before at the airport. Can one, if checking in with mobile app and has no checked in luggage, access airside the day before?

The plan would be to book the airside hotel. Sleep there the night before flight - wake up and having already cleared security board the QR943.

I see conflicting information if you can go airside the day before?

Thanks

Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If you are arriving at SIN (i.e. overnight connection) then no problem staying airside.

Otherwise you will be dependent on how early Qatar allows check-in. While SQ permits check-in the day before departure, I'm not sure if Qatar will do this.

A 10:55am departure isn't particularly early so you could stay in the city and take the short trip out to the airport without getting up too early, or if prefer stay at an airport hotel landside (e.g. Crowne Plaza, and I think there is also a short-stay transit hotel landside in the terminal).
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If you are arriving at SIN (i.e. overnight connection) then no problem staying airside.

Otherwise you will be dependent on how early Qatar allows check-in. While SQ permits check-in the day before departure, I'm not sure if Qatar will do this.

A 10:55am departure isn't particularly early so you could stay in the city and take the short trip out to the airport without getting up too early, or if prefer stay at an airport hotel landside (e.g. Crowne Plaza, and I think there is also a short-stay transit hotel landside in the terminal).
thanks but I don’t have any luggage so am fairly certain I could download a mobile boarding pass the day before - the question is - would it work?

i would like to stay on UK time so staying at airport airside would allow max sleep
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:28 pm

assuming mobile BP, i would think access to airside 24 hours prior

this is based on:
SQ allows early check in 48 hours before departure
BUT baggage check and access to airside 24 hours before departure
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:42 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mmogdan

The plan would be to book the airside hotel. Sleep there the night before flight - wake up and having already cleared security board the QR943.

You cannot clear security beforehand. In SIN security is at the gate and will only be open 1 hour prior to departure. Stay in the city and take taxi to the airport in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.