FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Implemented Devaluation Already (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1951722-implemented-devaluation-already.html)

RollAnotherFatOne Jan 18, 2019 6:16 am

Deleted - 100% worthless thread

Dear moderator. Please delete this thread. Many thanks. People here are only interested in creating an argument. I wrote this thread to help others and all i got was rudeness. Why should I waste my time with this kind of people?

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 18, 2019 6:24 am

The calculator is spectacularly buggy. Don't go by that for anything. The award charts are more reliable.

But most importantly where is "there"? What is the route you're looking at?

RollAnotherFatOne Jan 18, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30670278)
The calculator is spectacularly buggy. Don't go by that for anything. The award charts are more reliable.

But most importantly where is "there"? What is the route you're looking at?

N/A - edited.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 18, 2019 7:58 am

Calculator has no relationship with availability. Still don't understand your route.

SIN awards in J & F are extremely popular and on the busier routes snatched on the day of availability sometimes.

RollAnotherFatOne Jan 18, 2019 8:02 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30670605)
Calculator has no relationship with availability. Still don't understand your route.

SIN awards in J & F are extremely popular and on the busier routes snatched on the day of availability sometimes.

Thank you for your input, but I am aware of these things.

Kacee Jan 18, 2019 8:37 am

Well this is a 100% worthless thread.

RollAnotherFatOne Jan 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30670770)
Well this is a 100% worthless thread.

​​​​​​Quoting a 100% worthless individual.
i removed earlier parts of the thread to prevent a heated exchange. I don't need to hear your ignorance.

lokijuh Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm

If you’d shared the route then people perhaps would not have been so hostile to your post. My initial thoughts were both “typical of an airline to close out inventory in advance of a devaluation” or a question .. did it involve one of the MI routes that is being moved to Scoot?

RollAnotherFatOne Jan 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 30672837)
If you’d shared the route then people perhaps would not have been so hostile to your post. My initial thoughts were both “typical of an airline to close out inventory in advance of a devaluation” or a question .. did it involve one of the MI routes that is being moved to Scoot?

I appreciate you responding and giving another perspective.
I'm not aware of it being moved to scoot. The route is still showing on google flights as bookable as a mix of silk air and singapore airlines.
I don't want to disclose the route until I can book it for my partner - her miles are still transferring. The route relates to a recent error fare, so drawing attention to a low cost redemption option won't help me.

But what you've said does make sense to me. I was thinking that they had by accident brought forward the new rule saying this route isn't allowed in the new world early. Now that I've done so much searching I can see that there is extremely low availability. like 1 day out of 20, versus everyday this time last week. I really doubt it's people booking everything up, as someone suggested.

OhDoctor Jan 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Strangers on an internet forum were rude to you!?! :eek:

RollAnotherFatOne Jan 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor (Post 30673005)
Strangers on an internet forum were rude to you!?! :eek:

I hesitate to confirm, but sadly, yes.
To try and put things into perspective, I've been wondering whether it is worse than:
- having a kid kick the back of your seat for half an hour (economy).
- having to travel in economy for five hours when you're six foot 5 with a 28 inch seat pitch.
- watching annoying people being given free upgrades.
- KF removing ALMOST all availability on your chosen route.

But it's somewhere amongst that lot.
I have to say I was quite shocked because I hoped others might be completing redemptions and would say one way or the other on whether they were not having problems (and that nothing had changed) or whether they found things were being 'pulled'. In the end, I realised that most people don't care, which is fair and reasonable.

onlySIA Jan 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne (Post 30672907)
The route relates to a recent error fare

Isn't it possible that lots of people spotted the error and snapped it up (or that the airline removed all availability until they could fix the error)?

RTWFF Jan 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne (Post 30673094)
To try and put things into perspective, I've been wondering whether it is worse than:
- watching annoying people being given free upgrades.

Almost never happens