Search

Star Alliance Award Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Star Alliance Award Cancellation

Hi all,

I am looking to book myself a seat on LH from Asia to Europe in May. The only availability on my dates in is Y. However, I also know that LH releases J seats as departure approaches, and even F seats within 14 day window.

The question I have is, if I lock a Y seat on LH using KF miles right now, and then spot availability in higher classes later and call SQ, will it be treated as a redeposit of earlier award and a fresh award from scratch?

If so, do miles redeposit instantly and I am able to book the new award rightaway? I don't have miles required for a Y award and a new F award. LH F seats won't stay open for long!
What about fuel surcharges? I guess those will refund at a later date, which I am fine with.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They can do it instantly for SQ flights so I suspect they can for *A as well. I don’t think you’ll have to pay the redeposit fee etc. etc.

You’ll have to pay the new surcharges and the old one will get refunded to your account.

BTW LH has been releasing J seats to *A partners several months in advance on certain routes now so you might want to keep checking this or use a tool like EF.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
They can do it instantly for SQ flights so I suspect they can for *A as well. I don’t think you’ll have to pay the redeposit fee etc. etc.

You’ll have to pay the new surcharges and the old one will get refunded to your account.

BTW LH has been releasing J seats to *A partners several months in advance on certain routes now so you might want to keep checking this or use a tool like EF.
I have done the changing of award on SQ metal and know that its done instantly, but hadn't done it for Star awards on Krisflyer, hence was specifically looking for a data point.

LH does release J awards on some routes yes, but those are not available in my range of dates and my choice of flights yet. Set up alerts for that as you mentioned too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.