Lounge Access - Business to Economy

Old Jan 16, 19, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A* Gold (Avianca Brazil)
Lounge Access - Business to Economy

Will be flying MEL- SIN - BKK on the same day...

The MEL - SIN flight is in business, but the SIN - BKK is in economy.

Will I still be entitled to Lounge Access in Singapore? I fly more frequently on One World airlines, and this benefit is definitely available.

Many thanks
Old Jan 16, 19, 6:23 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Assuming you have no *A Gold status then purely based on your flights you would not have any lounge access in SIN.

SQ does not consider SilverKris lounges as Arrivals Lounges so your onward flight counts which is in Y and the J of the incoming flight is ignored.

If you were in F on MEL-SIN you could use the TPR / F Lounge in SIN (different rules in F).
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 16, 19, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Many thanks

Shame - but it will give me the opportunity to explore the airport rather than sit in a lounge!
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:08 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
SIN is a fun airport to explore. Also there are a couple of PP lounges in T2 & T3 if you have access.
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:24 am
Original Poster

I have a Diner's Card which should allow pay per use access. Is there a lounge you would recommend?
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:36 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Dnata in T3. SATS in T2. Not a huge amount of difference between the lounges so I'd just pick the one in my departure terminal if I had to pay per use.
Old Jan 16, 19, 6:06 pm

If you have a return ticket you should be eligible for the $20 Changi Transit Program voucher. This will get you access to the Ambassador Transit Lounge in terminal 2 where your BKK flight should be departing from.
Old Jan 17, 19, 11:21 am

Dear silverfc,

Are you Star Alliance Gold with Avianca? If so, and assuming that you are flying with Singapore Airlines, you will have access to the KrisFlyer Gold lounge in Singapore Airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: