Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Birthday Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
SQ Birthday Upgrades

Does SQ still provide birthday upgrades for its PPS Club Solitaire members who travel within the +/- few days of their birthday?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Yes, it is an unpublished benefit, subject to availability of course, and a one level upgrade. It is not offered until you arrive at the gate and on your birthday and one day either side of it, I believe.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Last year I got a J -> F upgrade flying SIN-MEL 3 days after my birthday, as a plain PPS. By chance, this year I also flying SQ J 3 days after my birthday; will be interesting to see if this recurs!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

I flew SIN-FRA-JFK on J and only offered a birthday cake and card. No upgrade to F. I was an ordinary PPS back the
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I got an upgrade at the gate to F JFK-FRA (no upgrade onward to SIN sadly) and a cake, not on my birthday though, but for 15 yrs as PPS .... LOL
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:57 pm

Last year I got a J > R update from SIN - LHR the day before my birthday. Upgrade was given at check in.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:08 pm

Can I ask what month is your birthday? Try getting an upgrade in December/January to/from Australia! The benefit seems to discriminate those who happen to have been born in a month when everyone is flying.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by MEL-World
Can I ask what month is your birthday? Try getting an upgrade in December/January to/from Australia! The benefit seems to discriminate those who happen to have been born in a month when everyone is flying.
As noted above, I got one in January last year to Australia.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by whughes3
Last year I got a J -> F upgrade flying SIN-MEL 3 days after my birthday, as a plain PPS. By chance, this year I also flying SQ J 3 days after my birthday; will be interesting to see if this recurs!
Sadly, no such luck this time!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Yes, it is an unpublished benefit, subject to availability of course, and a one level upgrade. It is not offered until you arrive at the gate and on your birthday and one day either side of it, I believe.
So if you're flying Y on, say, an A380, you'd only be upgraded to PEY?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by pokfur
So if you're flying Y on, say, an A380, you'd only be upgraded to PEY?
Yes, that's my understanding. Many Solitaire PPS will book in premium cabins though as this is the way to maintain PPS membership.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Yes, that's my understanding. Many Solitaire PPS will book in premium cabins though as this is the way to maintain PPS membership.
Not necessarily true as I am a Solitaire PPS Club member and I travel either in Y or PEY cabin for regional flights. Mind you, I do about S$40K in PPS Value every year (I am part of the grandfathered member that only requires S$25K to maintain my Solitaire tier - woohoo!)
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:37 pm

I was recently upgraded flying 1 day before my birthday. So yes, they seem to be still doing it for their Solitaire members
chisquared likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Sf_guy
I was recently upgraded flying 1 day before my birthday. So yes, they seem to be still doing it for their Solitaire members
And a warm welcome to FT and your first post
chisquared likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Data point: Birth date +1, upgraded from J to (new) Suites at check in with access to Private Room. Great experience and a big thanks to SQ.
sl00001 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.