Search

Maximize F-Experience on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Maximize F-Experience on SQ

Hi there,

I am flying Europe-(777)-SIN-(380)-Australia all in SQ F - with a stopover in SIN.
I did a search but couldn't find one single thread. What are your suggestions to maximize the F-experience.
So far I learned about "Book the cook" and "The privat room", any other hints and suggestions ?

Thanks
TheAirman
[img]moz-extension://e1ecd90a-961c-424e-b75e-4f840b1c16ee/icons/share_image.png[/img]
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Uhhhh .... Do a 2 day stopover in SIN and have all your meals in the private room? That would certainly be a very maximising experience.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Not sure about the Europe side, but depending on where you're departing from, spend time lounge hopping the F lounges on *A? On the ground in Changi The Private Room is nice, but after 2 hours gets really boring, especially if food/drink aren't your thing. Up in the air, if you want to maximize your Suites experience on the A380, check with Private Room lounge staff if the double bed suites (side by side suites) are empty, and if you can change to that seat, thereby claiming the double bed. I wanted to do that on my AKL-SIN flight but the purser offered it to the honeymooning couple who had booked window suites, fair enough I suppose haha.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:27 pm

How long will the stopover be?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Two nights - not spent at TPR
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:38 pm

If its a special occasion such as your birthday, anniversary, or honeymoon you can request a cake for the occasion to be offered on your flight.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
If Suites cabin is empty ask for a separate seat to be made up as a bed so you don't get disturbed during conversion.

Otherwise relax and enjoy!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
And you will have to decide between Krug and Dom on departure (or during the entire flight). And the best onboard service ever.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MEL-World
And you will have to decide between Krug and Dom on departure (or during the entire flight). And the best onboard service ever.
Definitely try both, even if you're the only F pax. And a few of the wines. And the port. And they have some very nice whiskeys. Blue mountain coffee isn't bad either.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:37 am

Could you ask that they have pineapple juice onboard?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by HughMann
Could you ask that they have pineapple juice onboard?
I believe they do. You can check the menu online a few days before departure as you can reserve a meal off the normal menu on selected flights but only in premium cabins at the moment and not from every port. As well as the 'Book the Cook' experience where F and R have the most options.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
SQ F is all about the service. The crew will 'maximise' your experience as a matter of course. You can't go wrong really. All the extra like amenity kits and PJs will be offered automatically.
I'm in two minds about book the cook. Yes it's fun to read through all the choices, but part of the fun is also to get on board and look at the menu for the first time and discover what's on offer and put together a nice meal. A lot of people go for the lobster via BTC, but remember it's still be cooked at least 24 hours in advance, chilled, transported, and then reheated. You'll find much better food, as fresh as it can be, while in Singapore. And cooked exactly the way you want it. Departing SIN there's a dedicated F check-in suite. Agree The Private Room is worth a couple hours, probably not much more. If you want to maximise the experience you might want to consider boarding early (as soon as they start, rather than waiting till just before the doors close), because the service starts right away with champagne and a great crew.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:29 am

Will be flying JFK-SIN-SYD on Suites starting 4/26 and landing in SYD on 4/28. My birthday is 4/27 and was curious if I needed to request a cake in advance, or will SQ already have one since I will be flying on my birthday?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by mbush1721
Will be flying JFK-SIN-SYD on Suites starting 4/26 and landing in SYD on 4/28. My birthday is 4/27 and was curious if I needed to request a cake in advance, or will SQ already have one since I will be flying on my birthday?
You'd have to request one.

If you think about it, on average there's at least one person travelling on his/her birthday on a full A380. I don't think SQ will uplift cakes for every flight.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mbush1721
Telling them once you get on board that it's your birthday is 99% likely to generate more of a surprise (as the crew work out something special for you) than pre-ordering a cake and knowing exactly what's coming (and the only surprise being 'when' then cake comes out, which is not much or a surprise or treat. And the disappointment if they don't load a cake for you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.