Wiki Posts
Search

Website Woes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Website Woes

SQ’s website is pretty bad. It’s wickedly slow for one thing. I was trying to book a flight using their latest promotion fares. I wanted SFO-SIN-BKK-SIN-SFO in PE. I selected each of the flights and multiple flights were offered on each leg. I picked SQ1, SQ973, SQ974 and SQ2. The system allowed all those selections. Then when I clicked PROCEED, I got an error message that the selected flights were an invalid combination. Huh? Based on the initial selection, shouldn’t the rest of the flights offered be only flights that were acceptable combinations? We tried calling customer service and all they could say was they would hav3 to calculate the fare manually and they’d call back in an hour.

Three hours and no call later, I switched the homeward bound flight to SQ32 and the system accepted that all th3 way through. Ok. If I wasn’t already b-ball, this would have caused me to pull all my hair out. I’ve read a lot of less than complimentary comments about 5he JAL website on that forum. But i’ve Used that multiple times with only modest, small issues. I seem to have frustrations, and pretty major ones, when I use SQ’s website.

Anyone else have similar experiences with SQ’s website, or am I just unlucky and/or being unrealistic?
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: SQ *G, QR OWS
SQ website woes is a perennial issue. It has been like that for years.
In the last year alone, I've experienced:
1. Incorrect PY fare rules presented on the website UI
2. Caught them selling F on NZ operated flights
3. Google forms interfering with drop down menus rendering flights un-bookable
4. Incorrect table headers
5. Getting redirected to the home page when trying to change flights online
6. And their partner award search tool is fraught with errors and riddled with limitations

Also, a few weeks ago SQ 'created' their own data breach. A software bug on their website presented krisflyer members with other members personal details. 285 people affected.

It's so ironic that their website an app are so bad yet they champion to be "the world's leading digital airline" with innovation labs and tech competitions.
Perhaps they should first focus on designing a website that you know, actually works.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:40 pm

They upgraded their website a number of years ago, which was supposed to improve the customer experience ... your report suggests this has not been the case
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I often get periods of long 'hang' time as some java script runs almost forever......before the page loads finally. The 'big change' back in 2012 (or whenever) resulted in a buggy performance ever since.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:56 am

Whenever they fix one bug, another will appear on their site.

Last problem I’ve had is the BTC option. Whenever I chose my option, I would lose the options saved for either my LO or spouse. Ended up having to call to make choices stick

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
The website, which has been shoddy for years, is just one of a number of not-so-minor issues that this once great airline would never have tolerated (much less not fixed with the goal of making it one of the best).
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:54 am

for internet online experience, UA was one of the best esp when things went wrong.
Miss connection, just login the site, all the possible re-booking option for you to select.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Hey if you want to discuss problems with SQ IT you need a new website not a new thread. Their IT is horribly bad.
@jjjohn - UA has one of the best IT systems around. Their mobile platforms leave a little to be desired... eg: doing complex award searches, watching VOD requires switching through apps. Their mobile webpage is god awful etc. But those are minor complaints compared to the problems you face on the SQ website/apps not to mention the much crappier UX and nonexistent advanced search/filters.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:47 pm

SQ top management probably never visit/use their own website at all. If they have try, they sure will be frustrated.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
The website is pathetic. I picked a combination of 31/502 in PEY/Y for a particular date to make a OW booking. Got through to the payment screen three times. All three times it failed on payment submission with an opaque message about encountering an error and that I should retry. It was not an issue with the credit card. By my fourth attempt the fare had hit a point that didn't make sense to me (despite having plenty of seats on 31 and 502 when looked at via a dummy booking). I gave up and walked away. Will try again another day. This behavior was consistent in Chrome, Firefox, regular mode, incognito mode. Each attempt took about 20-25 minutes of elapsed time to hit the error. Just not worth my time.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
FWIW, the mobile app shows the lower fare I was interested in. The website, when accessed from a Chrome or Firefox browser on a laptop still shows the higher fare. I ticketed it via the mobile app. I wonder if the javascript in the website interface has validation logic that's kicking in only filtering higher fare buckets.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
SQ top management probably never visit/use their own website at all. If they have try, they sure will be frustrated.
They have their assistant book flights for them
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
why does it take so long to load the java script?
and scroll through pages?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Same here, can’t understand why they can’t finally get their act together on their website. Still incredibly slow and error-prone.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
See my post I made earlier this week. I still cannot get the multi-city search to complete when searching OSL-SIN-AKL-SIN-OSL it just gives an error every time with "An error occurred, please try later" message. It's been like that for weeks now so my question is, is it just those city-pairs that it doesn't like or is the whole Multi-city thing broken?

PS Have tried, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and it's the same on all when using my Apple Mac.

Last edited by Lussac; Feb 15, 2019 at 5:54 am Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.