Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Strategy - Better to Waitlist & Book or Waitlist Many

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Hello -

I'm trying to experience the A380 suites. Wanting to go from SIN - LHR. On the A380 - there are only waitlist saver awards on the entire month I want to travel. There is a day that has a SAVER AWARD on a 777 and a Waitlisted SAVER on the A380. Would it be advisable to hold book both (possible) and then hope the w/l clears? I have other plans that I need to build around both sides of this flight (meetings, hotels, other flights etc.)

Thanks for any tips!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:30 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
Hello -

I'm trying to experience the A380 suites. Wanting to go from SIN - LHR. On the A380 - there are only waitlist saver awards on the entire month I want to travel. There is a day that has a SAVER AWARD on a 777 and a Waitlisted SAVER on the A380. Would it be advisable to hold book both (possible) and then hope the w/l clears? I have other plans that I need to build around both sides of this flight (meetings, hotels, other flights etc.)

Thanks for any tips!
There are a number of threads that cover SQ Waitlisting.

How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

You can't assume a waitlisted flight will clear. I have had a number of waitlisted flights that never cleared.

In your situation I would book the 777 Saver Award and Waitlist on the A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.