SQ BKK turnaround at Suvarnabhumi

Old Jan 10, 19, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, TK*G, A3*G
SQ BKK turnaround at Suvarnabhumi

Hi guys, I managed to snag a reasonable J fare BKK-SIN-HND , of which the BKK-SIN sector is booked on SQ 973 departing BKK at 0940hrs. I intend to turnaround at BKK without bags by heading up on SQ 970 departing SIN 0715 and arriving 0840hrs so about 1 hour turnaround in BKK

Assuming I do return check-in at SIN, would I be able to get boarding passes all the way to HND ( i.e. SIN-BKK, BKK-SIN, SIN-HND) ?

Tried searching the previous threads, but I could only find experience on SQ turns in the old Don Muang. Any advice would be much appreciated !!
Old Jan 10, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: KF*G, A3*G, Skywards
Not an issue

Did this twice, once with paid a fare and once with redemption ex-bkk. If for some reason changi cannot issue your bkk-sin-hnd while u are checking in for your positioning sin-bkk, you can also collect ur boarding pass during at the transit counter at Bkk. Show ur flight details on ur mobile or printout, transit gate staff would let u through and head to the SQ transit desk.
Old Jan 10, 19, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yewgene View Post
Did this twice, once with paid a fare and once with redemption ex-bkk. If for some reason changi cannot issue your bkk-sin-hnd while u are checking in for your positioning sin-bkk, you can also collect ur boarding pass during at the transit counter at Bkk. Show ur flight details on ur mobile or printout, transit gate staff would let u through and head to the SQ transit desk.
Thanks ! When you say transit gate staff, do you mean the staff manning the transit/transfer security ? I remember re-screening my hand-luggage etc to re-enter the departures area ( one floor above I think ) when I was connecting on TG
Old Jan 10, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Yes. The access to the departure levels requires you to pass through security from arrivals them immediately up an escalator to departures. Passport and possibly print out of your next flight required.

These transfer points are at the confluences of concourses B/C/D and D/E/F/G, and this is where transfer desks are also located. I recall usually SQ parks at a Concourse D gate (D is the long central one) so itll be a toss up which transfer point to use.
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys! Awesome! Most helpful =)
Old Jan 12, 19, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
If the transfer desk is closed - as was the case when I last did a turnaround, probably because it was too close to departure time - just head straight for the gate. As you would have already checked-in online for the return flight, the gate staff will print a boarding pass for you at the gate.
Old Jan 14, 19, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by activistflyer View Post
If the transfer desk is closed - as was the case when I last did a turnaround, probably because it was too close to departure time - just head straight for the gate. As you would have already checked-in online for the return flight, the gate staff will print a boarding pass for you at the gate.
thanks ! That is a useful tip as well (similar to [email protected] where all transfer matters are done at the gate) - looks like I am all set to do the BKK turn
activistflyer likes this.