SQ Free Stopover on Advantage tix

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

SQ Free Stopover on Advantage tix

Does anyone know if one book SFO-HKG and a stopover in SIN cost 120,000 in J Advantage booking? So I would fly from sfo to SIN and stay for 4 nights then SIN to HKG final destination. There's a free stopover with a one-way Advantage booking. Is that how it works?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think that involves significant backtracking so SQ will treat it as 2 separate legs.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:24 am

The lowest mile required is actually based on direct flight. SQ1/2. If u go via SIN, it will be two awards. SFO-SIN plus SIN-HK
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Do you guys have a recommendation itinerary that involves depart sfo and destination is hkg but includes a free stop in between somewhere? Trying to include a free stopover but cant find one thats free or included in yhe 120k advantage redemption.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Sorry but I don’t think there’s any such routing from SFO.

Advantage awards aren’t the best value to begin with so I hope you have good reason to do that kind of redemption.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Yes, reason being no saver available. So if im going tobpay 120k for advantage instead of 88k in saver, id like a free stopover.

Lax-Nrt-Sin is 120k too with free stopover in NRT. However, i see lax-nrt-sin same day transit but SQ agent said i cant book it and have a stopover just transit same day. Otherwise, he doesnt see Lax to NRT leg available. If i book lax- nrt-sin online, wonder if they could change the nrt-sin flight to another day.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
I tried a mock booking online. Origin should be LAX, destination should be SIN. When you click the advantage award booking, you'll be asked at the bottom of the page if you want to add a stopover. If you click that you do want a stopover, a popup screen shows you that the only available stopover is NRT, and you're asked for the date you want to depart from there to SIN.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Does anyone know if one book SFO-HKG and a stopover in SIN cost 120,000 in J Advantage booking? So I would fly from sfo to SIN and stay for 4 nights then SIN to HKG final destination. There's a free stopover with a one-way Advantage booking. Is that how it works?
I booked a Singapore Suites/Business Saver for 120k miles Phuket to JFK. Phuket to SIN is in business class. I have a 26 hr stopover in Singapore. Then I'm in the Singapore Suites from SIN to JFK. I didn't book this online. I had to call in for this. This was all on one ticket.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:26 pm

Couple of thoughts... see if you can waitlist savers for dates that work for you - even with the upcoming deval it will be better value than advantage tickets.

Alternatively, you can book the LAX-NRT-SIN-HKG as a saver J if available and paying $100 per stopover in say SIN or NRT or both.

You can do this online as long as there is availability.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I booked a Singapore Suites/Business Saver for 120k miles Phuket to JFK. Phuket to SIN is in business class. I have a 26 hr stopover in Singapore. Then I'm in the Singapore Suites from SIN to JFK. I didn't book this online. I had to call in for this. This was all on one ticket.
Yups you had to do this on the phone because it involved mixed cabins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.