Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Devaluation Time - New Award Chart Effective 24 January 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Devaluation Time - New Award Chart Effective 24 January 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by opiuman
That would save me the cost on half of it but I wanted to do a RT saver so I get the stopover free. Without that I would end up paying 200 for the two of us.

I'm going to have to calculate it out when I get home which option is cheaper overall. The plan is LAX-NRT-SIN on Jan 3 or Jan 4 2020, SIN-NRT->stopover in NRT on the 16th then NRT-LAX on the 23rd. The website only lets you book the whole trip/stopovers when the whole schedule covering the trip is available.
how many miles this trip cost you?

I tried something similar lax-nrt-hkg but they quote me two segments full price. I was looking at advantage booking which includes a free stopover.. only saved $100 stopover fee.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:25 pm

I'm doing LAX-NRT-SIN via SQ12 and SQ11, pre devaluation thats 118k in F Saver one way, after it is 130k in F Saver. For two people RT, that is 472k pre devaluation, 520k after.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by hqly2001
how many miles this trip cost you?

I tried something similar lax-nrt-hkg but they quote me two segments full price. I was looking at advantage booking which includes a free stopover.. only saved $100 stopover fee.
I just tested this and while the award chart and even the booking initially shows 33k/60k for saver/advantage. It goes up to 53k/100k as soon as you click on it. The reason is because in the award chart it lists those values with the following explanation.

Mileage indicated is only valid for non stop between two destinations with no connections or transits.

LAX (Zone 12) to HKG (Zone 4) doesn't have a non stop.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Deleted
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by alanslegal
What happened to Zone 9? It's now only Australia and New Zealand .... before 24/1/19 one could fly Australia to French Polynesia! Grrrrrr!
I think... SQ doesn't fly AU-PPT,, so you have to look at the partner award chart which keeps Southwest Pacific together
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

So currently ticketed 2 F awards MNL > SIN > SYD. Wanting to change to MNL > SIN > MEL. I booked this pre devaluation. If I change now trying to figure out if I'll owe the additional 5k in miles per ticket, or if it will just be the $25 change of route fee. I'm guess only the $25 since I will not need to redeposit miles, just changing final route.

Any thoughts?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
So currently ticketed 2 F awards MNL > SIN > SYD. Wanting to change to MNL > SIN > MEL. I booked this pre devaluation. If I change now trying to figure out if I'll owe the additional 5k in miles per ticket, or if it will just be the $25 change of route fee. I'm guess only the $25 since I will not need to redeposit miles, just changing final route.

Any thoughts?
It should be pre devalue. You'll be a data point.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Any thoughts?
If they try to take the extra miles, I would just ask for a 1 time courtesy adjustment since the award was booked pre-deval.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If I end up changing I'll make sure to report back. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kapooncha
If they try to take the extra miles, I would just ask for a 1 time courtesy adjustment since the award was booked pre-deval.
Yeah, hoping that might work. Might take a couple of HUCA but I'll be sure to report if I do get it changed.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

​​​​​​
Well, tried calling today to get the flight switched. While she did find availability for the flight she informed me they have since changed the amount of miles required to book that award. She stated the ticket would need to be reissued and it would be required to add an addition 5,000 miles per ticket. Yikes! So I explained it has been only 2 weeks since the devaluation and hoped they could extended a one time courtesy since I have already booked this flight, just wanted to make a small change. She then stated that they have been very strict with this and that it will require the additional miles. I politely asked if I might speak to a supervisor and see if they could extended the courtesy. She said she would send a special request, but actually said she doubted they would be willing to switch. So, she mentioned she would call me back in a couple of days to inform me of the decision.

Not looking good, but we will see.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:48 pm
Suspended

​​​​​​

Well, tried calling today to get the flight switched. While she did find availability for the flight she informed me they have since changed the amount of miles required to book that award. She stated the ticket would need to be reissued and it would be required to add an addition 5,000 miles per ticket. Yikes! So I explained it has been only 2 weeks since the devaluation and hoped they could extended a one time courtesy since I have already booked this flight, just wanted to make a small change. She then stated that they have been very strict with this and that it will require the additional miles. I politely asked if I might speak to a supervisor and see if they could extended the courtesy. She said she would send a special request, but actually said she doubted they would be willing to switch. So, she mentioned she would call me back in a couple of days to inform me of the decision.

I would hold firm, raise your voice a bit if necessary. You booked the flight pre-deval and, when booked, the only listed change fee was $25. They didn't say more miles as well.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:49 pm

​​​​​​

Since you have a change in destination your ticket has to be reissued, triggering the additional miles. If you only wanted to make a date or time change and kept the route the same, then there would be no additional miles charged.

I'd say your chances are pretty slim on getting that waived.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: SQ/CX
I would hold firm, raise your voice a bit if necessary. You booked the flight pre-deval and, when booked, the only listed change fee was $25. They didn't say more miles as well.
Having worked in CS front line before, we usually do not help customers who raise their voice or being rude.
It can just be lip service "yes we will escalate..... " but nothing will be done.

Service staff faces rude and unreasonable customers daily, such as flights delay due to weather or airport closure or events that are totally out of the service staff control.
They are just working for the company making an honest living, shouting does not help anything.

Normally we will go the extra mile to assist people who are nice and understanding, who will appreciate the situation.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Singapore Airlines
SQ325 and cowie like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by koohansen
Having worked in CS front line before, we usually do not help customers who raise their voice or being rude.
It can just be lip service "yes we will escalate..... " but nothing will be done.
It's the last course of action. If I've been nice and nice and nice and aren't getting anywhere, I'm obviously not going to continue being nice about it.

About a month ago, I had an F award on SQ metal. However, it had 2 legs, stopover in Tokyo. I called to cancel just the 1st leg and apparently SQ's policy doesn't allow that, have to cancel the whole ticket. When I looked at award space from NRT-LAX, there was space but not at the saver price I already had a ticket for. The girl wasn't getting it, and didn't get it until I raised my voice and threw a few expletives in for good measure. The girl relented and did as I asked. Sometimes being nice doesn't work.

Originally Posted by koohansen
Normally we will go the extra mile to assist people who are nice and understanding, who will appreciate the situation.
You might, but the representative that was dealing with the OP wasn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.