FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Best experience on economy ever. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1947438-best-experience-economy-ever.html)

MixalisK. Dec 25, 2018 2:04 am

Best experience on economy ever.

It happened 2 years ago from IST to KUL with SQ.
Because i believe bad reports are oftenly written but good experiences, not.
In contrast to majority, i booked the "bad" noisy and less reclined last row before the galley. Ticket was 425 euros roundtrip and free seat selection then.
Plane was old well maintened 777-200ER.
I was justified for my selection as i had all 3 row seats to stretch myself.
Crew was active from the start and served a decent lunch. As i was quite hungry, i opened my bag and had a sandwich kept from my previous Aegean flight. The cabin crew manager noticed it and brought me some salmon salad and extra snack. I was very happy for his reaction.
During the flight in contrast to other 5 star airlines where cabin crew usually vasishes after serving lunch here crew was going up and down the cabin offering refreshments and taking care passengers.
The manager, was literaly checking on me every 30 minutes while checking other crew members. He brought we extra snacks and asked him for baileys.
He brought me a portion 4 times more than they offer in bars in Singapore. Then offered me to have a 2nd one later.
The 10 hour night flight was like this to its end. Mr Cham was a brilliant crew manager, despite his respectable age(i could see his sweating every few hours or so). He was also like all crew members, spotless and well dressed, better than our leftie prime minister.
The second 45 minute flight from SIN to KUL was with a new silkair B737-800, with very nice open color interior. All flight were precise on time too.

MixalisK. Dec 25, 2018 2:08 am

Originally Posted by MixalisK. (Post 30572073)
It happened 2 years ago from IST to KUL with SQ.
Because i believe bad reports are oftenly written but good experiences, not.
In contrast to majority, i booked the "bad" noisy and less reclined last row before the galley. Ticket was 425 euros roundtrip and free seat selection then.
Plane was old well maintened 777-200ER.
I was justified for my selection as i had all 3 row seats to stretch myself.
Crew was active from the start and served a decent lunch. As i was quite hungry, i opened my bag and had a sandwich kept from my previous Aegean flight. The cabin crew manager noticed it and brought me some salmon salad and extra snack. I was very happy for his reaction.
During the flight in contrast to other 5 star airlines where cabin crew usually vasishes after serving lunch here crew was going up and down the cabin offering refreshments and taking care passengers.
The manager, was literaly checking on me every 30 minutes while checking other crew members. He brought me extra snacks and asked him for baileys.
He brought me a portion 4 times more than they offer in bars in Singapore. Then offered me to have a 2nd one later.
The 10 hour night flight was like this to its end. Mr Cham was a brilliant crew manager, despite his respectable age(i could see him sweating every few hours or so). He was also like all crew members, spotless and well dressed, better than our leftie prime minister.
The second 45 minute flight from SIN to KUL was with a new silkair B737-800, with very nice open color interior. All flights were precise on time too.

onlySIA Dec 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Always a pleasure when the crew in economy go above and beyond the usual call of duty to really make a flight enjoyable. They can't make the seats bigger or change the quality of the food and drink,but the personal touches make all the difference.

RTWFF Dec 25, 2018 11:47 pm

I fly Business if I have the points, otherwise it's Economy between Australia and Singapore and I don't recall ever being disappointed although maybe I'm just easily pleased. I've deliberately chosen a 787 Dreamliner flight in Economy between Bangkok and Singapore at the end of April and I'm looking forward to sampling that. I do agree that the *A lounge for us plebian Golds in Economy is a bit of a disappointment but definitely a First World problem

MixalisK. Dec 26, 2018 12:01 am

Originally Posted by onlySIA (Post 30573584)
Always a pleasure when the crew in economy go above and beyond the usual call of duty to really make a flight enjoyable. They can't make the seats bigger or change the quality of the food and drink,but the personal touches make all the difference.

Yes that is my point. Thanks to the professionalism of the crew, upgrading to J would be of little value.
Another myth busted here is the bad last seat.
Not only i had all 3 seats for my self but had the chance to meet the manager and enjoy a kind of private service.