Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

50+ hour delay on Scoot - TR713 - Groundhog day - any advice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50+ hour delay on Scoot - TR713 - Groundhog day - any advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: JetPrivelege, AsiaMiles, British Airways AVOIS
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I disagree with you in this instance (flights by major airlines operating from countries with advanced regulatory oversight).
This was accurate, eloquent and amusing! Well done.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Audio
The price of a Scoot SIN->Athen ticket is about SGD$700+ to $800+.

But all I see are only complaints and compensation seeking attempts from this plane load of passengers.

Any LLC airlines would not want to delay their flights, especially from a European city with EC261 in force. The compensation alone is more than the price of the ticket.

Add on 2 nights of hotel accommodation, transfers, meals and finally, a spare aircraft and fuel to ferry the passenger back to Singapore, the cost really blow through the roof.

If I was a passenger on this flight, I would be grateful that the flight had been delayed (for my safety) and Scoot had been taking care of me. I rather come home 56 hours later in one piece.....than not at all.

(Audio)
We have come a bit farther than you have, apparently, as almost all of us expect to get home safely even if our fare is $1
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
We have come a bit farther than you have, apparently, as almost all of us expect to get home safely even if our fare is $1
You are right, coming under the SQ umbrella, they need to do alot better than this.

On the other hand, you can see how quickly the Norwegian SIN-LGW failed and i dont think this route will last too long either. When you can get SIN-ATH in QR for 800+, it doesnt make much sense to risk it with TR.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:46 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I have only flown Scoot once - short haul, and it was a perfectly fine experience. However, things I've heard here and on other sites reinforce my opinion that I should avoid medium-long haul budget carriers where possible.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by nocturne14
You are right, coming under the SQ umbrella, they need to do alot better than this.

On the other hand, you can see how quickly the Norwegian SIN-LGW failed and i dont think this route will last too long either. When you can get SIN-ATH in QR for 800+, it doesnt make much sense to risk it with TR.
I mean just because someone is flying a budget carrier they should not have to risk their life.
Admittedly that is not true with transportation in all parts of the world but most would agree with that sentiment, that cheaper flights do not mean/should not mean unsafe flights.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
That is exactly what's happening here and now. They got you home safety, not at $1 but at a huge loss. They fulfilled their obligation.

No, they are not complaining....only the passengers are complaining.

If it has been a Lion Air incident, the same passengers (opps, rather their kins) will be complain why they didn't delay the aircraft.

(Audio)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by nocturne14
You want a lot better than this, you fly SQ. You want LCC prices, you fly Scoot.

(Audio)
RTWFF likes this.

Last edited by Audio; Jan 7, 2019 at 7:57 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
You want a lot better than this, you fly SQ. You want LCC prices, you fly Scoot.
Or you fly better LCC.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
Or you fly better LCC.

I agree....but is there a better LCC where you can rant and complain like you are flying with a premium airline? LOL

(Audio)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:38 pm

I agree....but is there a better LCC where you can rant and complain like you are flying with a premium airline? LOL
What is 'premium'? UA is premium for example? Or TH or LH?

Regarding Scoot, folks here are not familiar how bad they are in their delays and treating like sh$t their customers. Here is list of their delays in last 2 month, three of them - >24h

Following blog post will give you and idea We need to talk about Scoot

Last edited by invisible; Mar 18, 2019 at 9:56 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:19 pm

What is 'premium'? UA is premium for example? Or TH or LH?
No, not UA, TH or LH.

Premium is when complainers can use phase like "You are right, coming under the SQ umbrella, they need to do alot better than this."

That's premium expectation.

(Audio)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:42 pm

No, not UA, TH or LH.

Premium is when complainers can use phase like "You are right, coming under the SQ umbrella, they need to do alot better than this."

That's premium expectation.
Because they are under the same umbrella and thus Scoot needs to have the same performance is wrong expectation. Right expectation would be Scoot to do better job regardless under what umbrella it is. In current situation - they are just simply awful.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
That is exactly what's happening here and now. They got you home safety, not at $1 but at a huge loss. They fulfilled their obligation.

No, they are not complaining....only the passengers are complaining.

If it has been a Lion Air incident, the same passengers (opps, rather their kins) will be complain why they didn't delay the aircraft.

(Audio)
Not that it's really relevant, but you are comparing comparing apples with oranges here. A domestic indonesian flight is not quite the same as the fully owned subsidiary of a major international pleayer - one with a brand and reputation to protect.

The point is not that the airline fulfilled its contract. It performed it days late by either not having the regulatory approvals required, or a mechanical issue (whatever the story is). They could have performed the contract by either flying a replacement plane sooner, or arranging transport on an alternative carrier.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:04 am

Because they are under the same umbrella and thus Scoot needs to have the same performance is wrong expectation. Right expectation would be Scoot to do better job regardless under what umbrella it is. In current situation - they are just simply awful.
Right. I agree with you. But I have flown on other LCCs before, Tiger, Jetstar, Ryan....but I got the best experience on Scoot. My longest delays had been on SQ. Once in LAX for an aborted take off and another in Paris when their A380 experienced a fuel leak. Each of these were over 24 hours but I am happy, no need to complain. For the Paris one, the insurance gave me $800.

(Audio)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Not that it's really relevant, but you are comparing comparing apples with oranges here. A domestic indonesian flight is not quite the same as the fully owned subsidiary of a major international pleayer - one with a brand and reputation to protect.

The point is not that the airline fulfilled its contract. It performed it days late by either not having the regulatory approvals required, or a mechanical issue (whatever the story is). They could have performed the contract by either flying a replacement plane sooner, or arranging transport on an alternative carrier.
And you forget Scoot is, afterall, a LCC. Something got to give to offer you LCC pricing. LCC utilised their aircraft to the max. If there is a spare plane, they would probably deploy it to revenue service than to wait in the tarmac, to rescue flights.

You want performance like major international player - one with a brand and reputation to protect, you fly SQ with SQ ticket pricing..

You want LCC pricing, you fly Scoot or a better LCC.

(Audio)

Last edited by Audio; Jan 8, 2019 at 1:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.