Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Thumbs down My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

I'm disgusted by the amount of hype Singapore Air is getting, so much for the so called "world's best airline" (https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8452371.html). I'm even more disgusted since it deceives passengers like me who are looking for a good flight experience on long-haul flights. Before anyone bashes me in for talking dirt about the the airline allow me to introduce myself before I begin with the poor experience which I encountered during my trip (DXB - SIN - HKG

I am someone who is hard to impress, pay attention to details, and expect to experience the best of the best if I'm going to pay a premium price. I have flown J and F class with a variety of airlines including Qatar Airways, Emirates, Kuwait Airways, Cathay Pacific, Srilankan Airline, Korean Air, Oman Air, etc. and I must admit that Singapore Air was a big disappointment for me.

First of all, I did not receive my "book the cook" food for my DXB - SIN. Not only did I not receive my pre-ordered meal (something which I paid for) but the breakfast menu on that flight was a joke! I received only a plate of fruits prior to arrival as opposed to a full meal similar to Emirates/Qatar Airways/Cathay Pacific, etc (last time I checked I was not checking in a hotel to receive only fruit plate for breakfast in J class!) Next, the J class seat is inconvenient (I have to fold the seat down to convert it into a flat-bed, no! I have to sleep in a bizarre position rather than straightforward to get some rest, and they call it the world's best airline...... seriously folks?) Furthermore, the amenity kits provided on-board were similar to low-cost carrier amenity kits (compared to Emirates the amenity kit felt cheap and not up to the competition's standards ) in addition, the business class lounge in SIN (which is the hub for the airline) not only lacks tarmac views, but the food there is extremely limited and is very poor. It can't even compete with the J lounge in Dubai and Doha. Finally, overall the service I experienced on-board J class was average (I didn't feel like I was a valued passenger similar to other airlines!)

I am posting this thread to warn passengers out there that Singapore Air is a joke compared to the ME3. If you are seeking a memorable experience I strongly recommend Emirates. I will never fly Singapore Air again in the future and I'm shocked by the amount of people (or hype) whom promote Singapore Air claiming it to be the world's best airline!

Let me ask you folks, based on what are you people claiming that Singapore Air is the world's best airline? Thank you for ruining my flight experience whoever praised Singapore Air

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that one window per J seat and no external cameras on the A380/B777-300ER ruined my experience as well
m3red likes this.

Last edited by aceboy44; Dec 13, 2018 at 8:14 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
For a second I was about to take this post seriously. Then I noticed its author.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I am posting this thread to warn passengers out there that Singapore Air is a joke compared to the ME3. If you are seeking a memorable experience I strongly recommend Emirates. I will never fly Singapore Air again in the future and I'm shocked by the amount of people (or hype) whom promote Singapore Air claiming it to be the world's best airline! [
Hmmm.....

Poor First Class Experience With Emirates
Emirates RUINED my upgrade expecrience
Emirates screwed my birthday party
I'm boycotting premium cabin
Privilage Club is horrible
Not upgraded to Silver tier - 160 points earned!
Denied access to J class lounge in DXB
Kuwait Airways A330 Premium Y And J Class Review
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:23 am

/thread
DutchessPDX and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
If you are seeking a memorable experience I strongly recommend Emirates. I will never fly Singapore Air again in the future and I'm shocked by the amount of people (or hype) whom promote Singapore Air claiming it to be the world's best airline!

Strongly recommends Emirates and yet the OP write multiple reports about poor Emirates service ... hmmm.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Very unfortunate that Singapore Air disappointed the OP.

Hopefully he'll have the opportunity to try out Singapore Airlines in future.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Awesome thread.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
I am glad that I never felt so entitled when I flew SQ... I found the experience I had very satisfying.
RTWFF and Mauibaby2008 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I forgot to mention that one window per J seat and no external cameras on the A380/B777-300ER ruined my experience as well
Yeah, that sounds unsurvivable.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Is this guy for real?
Yoshi212, nancypants and Webogirl like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:10 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Is this guy for real?
I have my doubts
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Is this guy for real?
Unsolved mysteries of the EK Forum.... we've been wondering for years
thijsseh, nancypants and Goaguy like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Perhaps OP should just fly private instead.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by swingaling
Perhaps OP should just fly private instead.

I know this is said in a joking manner, but due to my job I occasionally fly longhaul on my boss' G550. Yes, getting on the plane and going when you are ready without airport hassle is a huge draw, but as far as comfort etc Id much rather be in the premium cabin on a top rated airline. If given the option on anything over 8 hours Id take J or F on SQ or EK any day over flying on the gulfstream. I even prefer flying Delta One ATL- JNB over flying US to South Africa (with a stop for fuel) private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.