Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by lokijuh
You would have been much happier with EK' comparable flight. They serve fruits and a pastry (which SQ should have served you also) and a small tub of yoghurt as well. So I guess the yoghurt makes all the difference, that is truly world class!
I was never served pastry for breakfast, thus the disappointment (fruits alone are not enough to satisfy my appetite)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I am about to book Singapore for the first time in biz. I read this posting with great interest until about 3/4 of the way through. Your post seems like you're one of those people who are never satisfied, was there anything positive about your experience? I too am very particular about al the details of travel and work hard to get things just right. I appreciate all the various things I should look out for on my Singapore flight. It will be a pleasure to come ack here to post my review.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Mr H
Thanks @aceboy44. I had a couple of SQ redemptions to/from central Asia F in July 19 that I booked last week. I have cancelled them now and will look for QF availability.
I hope this is a bad joke...
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsn55
I am about to book Singapore for the first time in biz. I read this posting with great interest until about 3/4 of the way through. Your post seems like you're one of those people who are never satisfied, was there anything positive about your experience? I too am very particular about al the details of travel and work hard to get things just right. I appreciate all the various things I should look out for on my Singapore flight. It will be a pleasure to come ack here to post my review.
Since you asked, I liked that the flights departed/arrived on time. In addition, all J seats have aisle access so you don't have to worry about your neighbor disturbing you. Amenity kit was provided on my SIN - HKG flight.

I can't think of any other positive thing during my flight. As mentioned service was average for me. It's up to you whether you want to experience Singapore Air or fly another airline. Personally my experience on Korean Air (J class) was better than Singapore Air.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by m3red

absolutely nothing further required in this thread.
Except for cake!! A whole cake, not just a piece.
lokijuh, thijsseh, trooper and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Annalisa12; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:00 pm Reason: Last sentence.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I also had a terrible experience on Singapore Airlines recently.

I arrived at the first class check in, but they refused to check me in and directed me to the economy class area.

And not only that, once I had been issued my economy class ticket, they refused to let me into the SilverKris Lounge. I expected to be given access to The Private Room and they told me that I wasn't flying in the right class. The world best airline, my foot!!!

When it came time to board, I expected to turn left at the first class door, and they told me I had to board through economy. And the worst part! The seat configuration was 3 - 4 - 3... which airline has that configuration in first class?

LOL

[disclaimer: this is a joke, like this thread]
Dress up next time and they'll upgrade you for free.
m3red likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I hope this is a bad joke...
No, no! Enjoy the dance as Player 2 enters the stage! What delights will they have in store for us, I wonder?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I was never served pastry for breakfast, thus the disappointment (fruits alone are not enough to satisfy my appetite)
Fat are you?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:45 pm

in addition, the business class lounge in SIN (which is the hub for the airline) not only lacks tarmac views, but the food there is extremely limited and is very poor. It can't even compete with the J lounge in Dubai and Doha.
I just been to Doha Business Class and First Class lounge this month. Definitely no tarmac view and the food is far more limited than SilverKris lounge for sure. LOL

(Audio)

Last edited by Audio; Dec 19, 2018 at 2:07 am
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Dress up next time and they'll upgrade you for free.
As in dress up like pilot and pretend I should be given first class seating LOL
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Audio
I just been to Doha Business Class and First Class lounge this month. Definitely no tarmac view and the food is far more limited than SilverKris lounge for sure. LOL

(Audio)
There are Tarmac views next to the prayer room (the sunset view is astonishing there)...... It's not QR's fault that you missed it (or didn't ask for it.)

Food in Doha is far superior (and more variety of food) than in SilverKris lounge. You also get Evian water there as opposed to SilverKris lounge.....
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
There are Tarmac views next to the prayer room (the sunset view is astonishing there)...... It's not QR's fault that you missed it (or didn't ask for it.)

Food in Doha is far superior (and more variety of food) than in SilverKris lounge. You also get Evian water there as opposed to SilverKris lounge.....
Evian water? Wow. You don't say. I better book a flight to Doha on the spot to enjoy the untold deluxe offering of Evian Water. My goodness, what I have been missing.
whughes3, lokijuh, RTWFF and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by mapleg
Evian water? Wow. You don't say. I better book a flight to Doha on the spot to enjoy the untold deluxe offering of Evian Water. My goodness, what I have been missing.
Evian water, apparently. How ever have you managed to live thus far?
RTWFF, MeltingAlf and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:18 am

I am so glad I stayed til the end of the thread. Comments are gold!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth
Evian water, apparently. How ever have you managed to live thus far?
Maybe he has lived in country, like me, where Evian is available at every shabby train station corner store for under a buck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.