Schedule change question

Old Dec 10, 18, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver
Schedule change question

Next August I am booked via SQ to fly ADL-MEL (on VA), MEL-WLG (on SQ) and WLG-DUD (on NZ), all on the same ticket. The VA flight departs ~7pm and I will overnight in MEL and fly the MEL-WLG the following morning. There has been a schedule change for the SQ flight, it now leaves 10min earlier at 0650....I am wondering how flexible SQ are with schedule changes and if SQ would re-route me on NZ for the trans-tasman leg (so I could depart later and get a sleep in! not that I would say that of course) or depart the following day from ADL and fly ADL-BNE-DUD on VA. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 10, 18, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
The 10min change has no effect on either connection so itís highly extremely massively unlikely they will alllow a change of routing that you suggest. (I.e. no chance).
Old Dec 10, 18, 5:50 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, QR Burgundy, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
The 10min change has no effect on either connection so itís highly extremely massively unlikely they will alllow a change of routing that you suggest. (I.e. no chance).
I'm not sure what the threshold is, but I have successfully changed an SQ flight to the following day using a 50-minute schedule change as a reason. It is worth asking -- at the very worst they'd simply say no.
Old Dec 10, 18, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
I'm not sure what the threshold is, but I have successfully changed an SQ flight to the following day using a 50-minute schedule change as a reason. It is worth asking -- at the very worst they'd simply say no.
Worth asking, but wouldn't press it. Did your change involve a) change in carriers, b) change in routing and c) no actual difference to departure from origin and arrival at end destination? I just can't see it, if it were all on SQ maybe outside chance.

Once I had a flight cancelled (IST-SIN) for a trip that was commencing in 12 hrs time ... SQ ticket stock, but woah, it took 6 calls in total 3 hrs duration over an 8hr period to convince them to reroute me via Moscow ( CFU-ATH-DME-SIN instead of CFU-ATH-IST-SIN). So I'd assume that re-routing and changing carriers and routing due to a 10 min intermediate sector schedule change ... very little chance.
Old Dec 10, 18, 8:11 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, QR Burgundy, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
Worth asking, but wouldn't press it. Did your change involve a) change in carriers, b) change in routing and c) no actual difference to departure from origin and arrival at end destination? I just can't see it, if it were all on SQ maybe outside chance.

Once I had a flight cancelled (IST-SIN) for a trip that was commencing in 12 hrs time ... SQ ticket stock, but woah, it took 6 calls in total 3 hrs duration over an 8hr period to convince them to reroute me via Moscow ( CFU-ATH-DME-SIN instead of CFU-ATH-IST-SIN). So I'd assume that re-routing and changing carriers and routing due to a 10 min intermediate sector schedule change ... very little chance.
Yup, I wouldn't press it.

It was a simple schedule change on SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK award flight in F. I spoke to someone at the Ion Orchard office and they moved me to the following day (which I had preferred anyway when I booked the ticket but there wasn't any availability) without any pushback at all.