Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any complaint escalation e-mail for SQ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Angry Any complaint escalation e-mail for SQ?

Have had a nasty experience recently when departing on SQ in Y from Jakarta (CGK): been denied a lounge access as *A Gold in direct violation of both *A official policy for contract lounges and explicit listing of the lounge in question (Esplanade T2) as accessible for me.
Written to their Twitter support, they have forwarded my complaint to Jakarta office, and I got an utter nonsense reply from their side. Forget compensation, not even an apology, they just backed up their ground staff ignorant and offensive behavior.

Thinking how to jump over alternatively gifted Indonesian office of SQ or, if unsuccessful, escalate to *A Global customer care.

BTW, does *A guarantee anything for the customer and can assist with enforcing its policies?

UPD. SQ moved from T2 (location of Esplanade) to T3 on Nov 28, 2018, after my flight took place.

Last edited by barracuda93; Dec 3, 2018 at 11:19 pm Reason: Added into about recent move of SQ to T3
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Have had a nasty experience recently when departing on SQ in Y from Jakarta (CGK): been denied a lounge access as *A Gold in direct violation of both *A official policy for contract lounges and explicit listing of the lounge in question (Esplanade T2) as accessible for me.
Written to their Twitter support, they have forwarded my complaint to Jakarta office, and I got an utter nonsense reply from their side. Forget compensation, not even an apology, they just backed up their ground staff ignorant and offensive behavior.

Thinking how to jump over alternatively gifted Indonesian office of SQ or, if unsuccessful, escalate to *A Global customer care.

BTW, does *A guarantee anything for the customer and can assist with enforcing its policies?
There is a feedback form on their website. Don't expect anything other than an apology and/or a couple of thousand KF miles
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:22 pm

Not sure how old this photo is...but I can't see a *G sign???
The Esplanade lounge APPEARS to be only accessible to SQ elites (or Biz/First pax)….I can't find anything listing it as a "*G" lounge.... Where did you find that information?

Last edited by trooper; Dec 3, 2018 at 9:28 pm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
For as long as I remember, the Singapore Airlines website listed the Esplanade lounge as being only accessible for Business and First passengers, and PPS members (like the Silver Kris Lounges at SIN) . Although SQ has now moved to T3, the previous information can be seen on wayback's SQ website archive It sounds like the star alliance website did not have the correct information listed.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Putting aside the fact that it appears denial of access was correct, this is a contract lounge, not SQ operated - so why would you expect compensation from SQ?

What's next - a rant thread about how you were denied 1000 Marriott points (worth about $9 US), including Better Business Bureau complaint? Oh wait, that already happened . . . https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...at-do-now.html
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Does SQ not provide *Gs lounge access out of CKG?
That would be disappointing. My experience is that they give out vouchers to access contract lounges in airports like Bangalore.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Putting aside the fact that it appears denial of access was correct, this is a contract lounge, not SQ operated - so why would you expect compensation from SQ?
The situation was [mis]handled by SQ ground staff. After lounge reception refused to let me in and refused to look at *A website, I asked to call SQ rep. That has been eventually done, and SQ rep followed the pattern. My flight was SQ as well.

What's next - a rant thread about how you were denied 1000 Marriott points (worth about $9 US), including Better Business Bureau complaint? Oh wait, that already happened . . .
Unsure of specific point of your sarcasm. If you mean that 10 USD is not worth the effort – well, probably, though losing 10 bucks here and there still adds up. But it’s not about 10 bucks, it about ...... treatment of consumers by huge companies. When I pay money for the service, I assume it's reasonable to demand compliance at least with the minimum that should be guaranteed. I do not complain about lounge quality, it's nowhere guaranteed. By access must be.
Or if you mean that any compensation is unlikely, I agree with you, but I still see value in complaining. If it does not help me personally, it may in a course of time change things to the better. Or make the company lose some customers. Good enough.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The situation was [mis]handled by SQ ground staff. After lounge reception refused to let me in and refused to look at *A website, I asked to call SQ rep. That has been eventually done, and SQ rep followed the pattern.
*A website says Plaza Premium lounge at CGK for *G. Can you explain the basis for asserting that the Esplanade lounge is a *G lounge?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
For as long as I remember, the Singapore Airlines website listed the Esplanade lounge as being only accessible for Business and First passengers, and PPS members (like the Silver Kris Lounges at SIN) . Although SQ has now moved to T3, the previous information can be seen on wayback's SQ website archive It sounds like the star alliance website did not have the correct information listed.
It's indeed irrelevant for any future reference due to change of the terminal, but *A info is not only listing the specific lounge as accessible for Golds departing on SG, it also has rather clear written policy in support of that:

As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling on a Star Alliance member airlines operated flight from such airports, you have access to these third party contract lounges, if the member airline you are travelling on has a contract with this lounge.
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

I do not see any class restrictions even mentioned there, while it explicitly says that *A Golds are entitled to access contract lounges.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Don't initiate through Twitter. Go through their website form, and your feedback will be dealt with by SIN.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

*A website says Plaza Premium lounge at CGK for *G. Can you explain the basis for asserting that the Esplanade lounge is a *G lounge?
SQ moved from T2 to T3 just few days ago, Plaza Premium is in T3.
Esplanade was not listed as *A Gold own lounge, but it was listed as accessible to *A Gold when departing on SQ. This follows official policy for contract lounges available on *A page.

Funnily enough, when I asked Esplanade staff to show me any official policy confirming their stance, I was eventually presented with the following e-mail (!) print-out (notice it’s completely irrelevant to my case and refers to the *A page that confirmed I had access):
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:38 pm

Screen Print 5 minutes ago:

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 3, 2018 at 10:43 pm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Seriously? Once again, SQ moved to T3 few days ago. After it moved to T3 website is expectedly updated. The move happened on Nov 28: Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3 - News - The Jakarta Post
My flight was on Nov 26.

I have attached a screenshot above, showing Esplanade as accessible at the time I had my flight.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:45 pm

Seriously? Once again, SQ moved to T3 few days ago. After it moved to T3 website is expectedly updated. The move happened on Nov 28: Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3 - News - The Jakarta Post
My flight was on Nov 26.

I have attached a screenshot above, showing Esplanade as accessible at the time I had my flight.
Yes, seriously. Where in your OP is any of that information? Change story much?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Yes, seriously. Where in your OP is any of that information? Change story much?
So you assumed I am just making up the story claiming that *A website has something it never really had and photoshopping fake screenshots just to troll SQ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.