Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Time to allow for interline xfr after SQ25 JFK-FRA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are booked in Premium Economy (hoping for Business upgrade) on SQ25 in May of 2019 and our final destination is MUN. We're non EU citizens. Originally, I was planning on renting a car and driving, but now I'm having second thoughts and considering booking a separate ticket on Lufthansa from FRA to MUN. From my searches here, it appears that SQ will interline our bags if necessary, but I'm wondering about a safe amount of time to allow for the connection? With SQ scheduled to arrive at 10:40, there are flights at 12:15, 13:15 (much higher cost), and 15:15. I know I wouldn't have protection, but if SQ25 arrives on time, would I have enough time to make the 12:15 flight? Thanks and apologies if this has been covered previously, but I couldn't find it via search.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:57 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
You might check out Rail & Fly, which would be an open ICE Rail ticket from FRA-MUC for about EUR50. Once you arrive at FRA, you make your way to the long distance train station and take one of the hourly services to Munich. 3-4 hour trip but you will arrive right in the center of town. First class is not much more and seating tends to be more available if you don't have a seat reservation.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Ted
You might check out Rail & Fly, which would be an open ICE Rail ticket from FRA-MUC for about EUR50. Once you arrive at FRA, you make your way to the long distance train station and take one of the hourly services to Munich. 3-4 hour trip but you will arrive right in the center of town. First class is not much more and seating tends to be more available if you don't have a seat reservation.
Yep, that may well be much cheaper and even faster option... Particularly if one is heading to center of Munich.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:42 pm

Take the train, super convenient and probably cheaper than a flight. If you do buy a separate flight, I would leave at least 3 hours if you've never transferred in FRA before. Even as a German-speaker who has been there many times, I still find it confusing. Chose 1515 to leave enough time.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I'm going to think on it a bit more, but will probably end up taking the train, then pick up my rental car when I leave Munich to head to Garmisch. I'll just return the car to FRA when I head back to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.