Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Stopover with "open-jaw" on Oneway Saver Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Hi,
has anyone ever tried to book a stopover with open-jaw segment included on a Oneway Saver?

Looking into book SIN > DUS (stop and ground-segment) > FRA > NYC

Is that possible?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You can’t have an open jaw on a one way. To begin with this defies the very definition of an open jaw...
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by kacheng
Hi,
has anyone ever tried to book a stopover with open-jaw segment included on a Oneway Saver?

Looking into book SIN > DUS (stop and ground-segment) > FRA > NYC

Is that possible?

Thanks
That is not an "open jaw" or stop over, that is two one way tickets...
trooper likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I hear everyone on this not really qualifying as a one way. My guess is that this may be driven by current seat availability, e.g. better in DUS than SIN.

In my mind the OP would have to consider making this into a *A award and trying to secure a DUS-FRA segment though not certain SQ KF has access to that inventory, e.g. when operated by EW (Eurowings). There also used to be LH segments operated by Deutsche Bahn (train), but doubt that can work using KF miles.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I don't think SQ has access to EW inventory and certainly doesn't have to any European trains. *A might have better availability but adds a considerable amount of YQ! Over 3-4x the SQ fees.

So it's either *A or trying to route through the west coast.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I hear you, if EW handles all DUS-FRA then no luck.

Regarding YQ, are you saying on a a *A award SQ charges YQ for its own metal or only for whatever partner flights you build into itinerary?

My thoughts for OP would have been (if feasible) SIN-DUS(SQ)-FRA(LH)-JFK(SQ), but alas no dice due to EW routes. YQ should have only come into play for the LH flight then.

YMMV.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by demue
I hear you, if EW handles all DUS-FRA then no luck.

Regarding YQ, are you saying on a a *A award SQ charges YQ for its own metal or only for whatever partner flights you build into itinerary?

My thoughts for OP would have been (if feasible) SIN-DUS(SQ)-FRA(LH)-JFK(SQ), but alas no dice due to EW routes. YQ should have only come into play for the LH flight then.

YMMV.
SQ agents will have to be able to string up that itinerary. There are some DUS-FRA options on LH & Citiline though.

And unless OP is keen to travel only on SQ there are some other options as well... for instance SIN-BCN (SQ) - EWR (UA) etc. that would be 0 YQ as well that might be easier for agents to put together. Or even a SIN-ADD-EWR on ET would be 0 YQ.

I don't think SQ charges YQ for their flights on mixed metal itineraries. Adding a small leg on LH can add SG$100+ to the itinerary. I was thinking about a more *A heavy itinerary when I made that comment earlier. Eg: SIN-FRA (LH) - JFK (SQ/LH).

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Dec 3, 2018 at 6:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.