Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can a redemption upgrade booking ever be changed?

Old Nov 26, 18, 9:41 am
Original Poster

I have a confirmed redemption upgrade booking in J for a flight from JFK-SIN, which is coming up soon. There is a chance I may need to change my flight date. Is it ever possible to seamlessly move the date of travel for a redemption upgrade flight (for a nominal fee, perhaps)? Or is this virtually impossible?
Old Nov 27, 18, 4:30 am

there is a nominal change fee . however, the real limiting factor is award availability on your new flight
Ex-SIN likes this.
Old Nov 27, 18, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by epigram View Post
there is a nominal change fee . however, the real limiting factor is award availability on your new flight
You can find the fees here
Old Nov 28, 18, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
Thank you!
Old Nov 29, 18, 7:01 am

Hi pennystinkard,

Not only what epigram said above
the real limiting factor is award availability on your new flight
, but there also must be 'commercial' availability on the new flight in the exact same booking class that your original commercial ticket was. Example, if you booked in 'P' Class, yet on the new flight, only 'S' or 'T' Class is available, you'll first have to pay extra to upgrade your commercial ticket to the higher booking class first before they will change the date of the redemption across. I learnt this the hard way!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: