Best Changi Transit Hotel

Old Nov 13, 18, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Best Changi Transit Hotel

I recently booked a trip on SQ SFO-SIN-DPS and return. On the return, I have an 8 hour overnight layover and would like to stay in an airside transit hotel. My reservation says that I arrive from DPS in "Terminal 0." I assume this means the terminal is unknown? I depart to SFO the next morning from Terminal 3. Will I be able to get airside to Terminal 3 that evening, or do I have to wait until morning? If so, what is the best transit hotel option in T3?

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu View Post
I recently booked a trip on SQ SFO-SIN-DPS and return. On the return, I have an 8 hour overnight layover and would like to stay in an airside transit hotel. My reservation says that I arrive from DPS in "Terminal 0." I assume this means the terminal is unknown? I depart to SFO the next morning from Terminal 3. Will I be able to get airside to Terminal 3 that evening, or do I have to wait until morning? If so, what is the best transit hotel option in T3?

Thanks!
@lax.sea.jnu
Possible that it's too early for them to assign a gate. I have this often at HKG etc.

You might want to post your question in the Singapore Forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/

And here is info on the SkyTrain that runs between some of the terminals

Skytrain, Walking, Inter-Terminal - Singapore Changi Airport

Transit hotels

Airport Attractions - Singapore Changi Airport

There is also a Crown Plaza

https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...cp/hoteldetail
​​​​​​​
Old Nov 13, 18, 3:28 pm

Arrival terminals for SQ flights are not determined until two hours before the flight arrives, but it will either be at T2 or T3 (sometimes the flight might pull into a gate which is physically associated with T1, but SQ will flag it as either T2 or T3 for processing purposes). Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are all connected airside and walkable between them anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Old Nov 13, 18, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
I just stayed at the Aerotel, which is notable as the only airside hotel in the world with a swimming pool. I was actually quite pleased with my room and stay. Had awesome runway views. That's in T1, but as noted above, T1, T2, and T3 are all connected airside so it doesn't matter much which terminal you choose. The only weak point IMO was the fitness center. If that's important you might want to choose Crowne Plaza, or even head into Singapore, which is only a 20-30 minute taxi ride away.
Old Nov 14, 18, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Thank you all for the feedback. Good to know that all terminals are connected airside. I'll probably check out the Aerotel (and go for a swim).
Old Nov 14, 18, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Good to know that all terminals are connected airside.
T4 is not, at least not in the same way T1-T3 are.

I'll probably check out the Aerotel (and go for a swim).
If you do, ask for a room with a window when you check in. They don't all have them.

Last edited by Kacee; Nov 15, 18 at 12:44 am
Old Nov 15, 18, 7:52 am

Dear lax.sea.jnu,

I just did exactly this last week!

I highly recommend the Ambassador Transit Hotel. I have stayed there twice now. You can book online here: www.harilelahospitality.com

It is located inside Terminal 3 (airside) and costs SGD$100 (single) for a block of six hours (and SGD$25 for each extra hour on top of that). Private ensuite contains shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, comb, hairdryer, tissues. Room also had a complimentary bottle of water, tea/coffee making facilities and was super clean and perfectly quiet.

There is no pool like the Aerotel, however, you will be in Terminal 3 (closer to your departure gate) and you'll probably want to sleep/shower mostly. The room also gave a complimentary visit to the Ambassador Transit Lounge located next to it so that you can eat something if you don't already have other lounge access.

I hope this helps ))
hackneycab2 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 18, 9:23 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
@lax.sea.jnu
Possible that it's too early for them to assign a gate. I have this often at HKG etc.

You might want to post your question in the Singapore Forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/

And here is info on the SkyTrain that runs between some of the terminals

Skytrain, Walking, Inter-Terminal - Singapore Changi Airport

Transit hotels

Airport Attractions - Singapore Changi Airport

There is also a Crown Plaza

https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...cp/hoteldetail
Capri at Changi Business Park may be an option also if you do not mind to get out from airport
Old Nov 16, 18, 8:16 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
T4 is not, at least not in the same way T1-T3 are.
This is true, however just to note; as the OP has indicated he is on an SQ booking, no SQ group flights use Terminal 4 so this shouldn't be an issue.

If someone was flying in to T4 and out of the T1/2/3 complex, there is also a transfer bus between T4 and T2: Transfer Bus Info
Old Nov 21, 18, 6:08 pm

Might be worth moving this to the Singapore forum?