Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

New Singapore Airlines First Class To Shanghai experience

Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Hi guys just wanted to share some photo's and my blog post from my trip on the new Singapore Airlines First class from Singapore to Shanghai.

blog
You want to Fly in this luxurious double bed First Class Suite to Shanghai on Singapore Airlines - Ginger Around The World
video:

Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Love it! I am so jealous you got to try the new Suites. Looks like it is a very good journey to do, with a lot of service. I think they look like such huge spaces (each one is actually 15 times larger than an economy space), it seems like a waste to have it for flights less than about 6 hours - though I obviously wouldn't say no! I just don't imagine wanting to lie down on a five hour flight when there is a meal as well.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Is there still an issue with dining looking out of your chair into the opposite suite?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Yes indeed, i even left my door open, I didn't care that much as I was just enjoying the flight and the crew came by with champagne all the time :-D
The passenger opposite to me was used to flying first class as she was just reading a book the whole flight and left her door closed most of the time.

But I can imagine that this is a bit of an issue if you want privacy as it is a bit awkward to look at the other passenger wondering whether they are drinking Dom or Krug :-D
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

If you just do it for the experience then this 5 hour 20 min flight is actually pretty cool as it's a chain of epic events. I only took a 20 minute nap after which I was gently woken up by the crew for my cheese platter and pralines :-) If you really want to enjoy the bed then the 12 hour flight would be better of course
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GingerAroundTheWorld
If you just do it for the experience then this 5 hour 20 min flight is actually pretty cool as it's a chain of epic events. I only took a 20 minute nap after which I was gently woken up by the crew for my cheese platter and pralines :-) If you really want to enjoy the bed then the 12 hour flight would be better of course
I get pretty upset when First Class flights are less than 10 hours Anything less, it does not allow two proper meal service, to enjoy a movie or two and a 6-8 hour snooze [plus some time at the onboard bar, visit to the onboard duty free shop or a shower on some other airlines]
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by alanslegal
I get pretty upset when First Class flights are less than 10 hours Anything less, it does not allow two proper meal service, to enjoy a movie or two and a 6-8 hour snooze [plus some time at the onboard bar, visit to the onboard duty free shop or a shower on some other airlines]
I go with 12 hours. If I'm booking in F to Asia from the US, I'll position to ORD/NYC rather than go straight out of SFO, and the same on the return. All about maximizing every aspect of the experience. And for anyone who says you could get a better sleep on the ground (and/or better food on the ground) - you're right, and you're completely missing the point :-)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:08 pm

On This flight myself. They no longer have caviar. I have taken this flight before in old suites and always have had caviar. Yes first world probs .I would recommend row two for all passengers. Hard to watch TV during take off n landing in row 1 first class gets 100 mb free wufu
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:30 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe you should put this in the trip report sections?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.